Sharing BinaxNOW Covid-19 Ag Card Home Test

CJMini

We are trying to research how to order this test.  There are three couples in our group who are sailing in November.  Our daughter and spouse, our son and spouse and hubby and I.  We have read through eMed and Optum’s websites.  Currently eMed only offers a six pack of tests and Optum offers a two pack and three pack of tests.  It appears eMed encourages the six pack to be used for three people or less and any unused tests would be backup or used for another cruise by the names listed.  This is verified by only allowing three user’s names in ordering the tests.  Has anyone ordered the six pack and given a test to six different individuals to use?  I am aware that every individual who tests with eMed or Optum is required to have their individual Navica account.  I’ve also read information about how a prescription is “connected” to each test…would this be the reasoning behind only allowing and entering three names on purchasing the eMed six pack?

Optum would allow us more flexibility in the number of tests we could order but would cost more.  We could possibly end up with extra tests which would again pose the question of whether the extras could be used by others as a backup or a future cruise.  Their website only asks for the name of the person ordering a test.  

I’ve watched numerous YouTube videos but none have addressed the issue of testing multiple people and the most economical way to ordering.  I’m hoping someone might have actual experience in dealing with this issue!  BTW…I’ve tried calling eMed but no success just on hold for 45+minutes.

Thank you,

CJ

You can share them.  The reason they recommend six tests for three people is more that if you're flying somewhere that you need testing for that you'll have one for departure and one for return and that some tests can be faulty so it gives back up.  Plenty of people have bought and shared them.  The prescription is only connected in that it's used to issue the tests, it's not linked to any person.  Each individual needs a Navica account and that links each test through the app once you actually do the test. No names are linked to any specific test.

Just search the threads here.  There are a few and sharing is talked about.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2