We're baaack.... Quercus needs a vacation!

quercus alba

Mrs. Quercus got tired of my whining, so told me to just go ahead and book something. Soon.

Window of opportunity presented itself in work schedule, and we...are...outta here! Booked, vaxxed, and ready to pack!

Southern Carib (never done) out of San Juan (nice land visit there 4 years ago) on Epic (our first cruise, 10 years ago!)

Being out of practice, am interested in current experiences of NCL cruisers, especially "in these unprecedented times" and "out of an abundance of caution"* with respect to quality of life and enjoyment on- and off-ship. 

One practical question--last time we cruised we could bring aboard our own non-alcoholic beverages like soda and water. Is this still allowed on NCL?

Anyone post any menus or dailies lately?

Also, we're going onto this with no agenda except relaxation (and no kids!)--so any input about which islands (Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Kitts) are best for a day of beach-sitting, nature appreciation, snorkeling, or historical/cultural interest, respectively? 
Look forward to learning more--thanks!

* I work in health care and have grown to detest these phrases over the past 18 months...We're fully vaxxed (get Pfizer #3 in a week, woot!) and have weathered the worst of it (we hope), but wow...so much burnout and discouragement in our hospitals these days...🙁

Edited by quercus alba
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, quercus alba said:

One practical question--last time we cruised we could bring aboard our own non-alcoholic beverages like soda and water. Is this still allowed on NCL?

Anyone post any menus or dailies lately?

NCL no longer allows you to bring beverages aboard.  The Bird recently posted menus of specialty restaurants from, I believe, the Encore.  

Hope you have a restful and rejuvenating vacation!

• Like 1

HI all!

quercus ~ good to see you're back! I think we met on the Epic in the Med years ago. Epic was my last cruise before the pandemic Feb 2020, also from San Juan. You sure have a great itinerary!

I think Aruba is good for a beach day or St Lucia or even Grenada!

4 weeks from today I should be sailing away on Carnival Horizon so look forward to that.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retiring soon said:

HI all!

quercus ~ good to see you're back! I think we met on the Epic in the Med years ago. Epic was my last cruise before the pandemic Feb 2020, also from San Juan. You sure have a great itinerary!

I think Aruba is good for a beach day or St Lucia or even Grenada!

4 weeks from today I should be sailing away on Carnival Horizon so look forward to that.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

We did indeed! You were on our 8 person Rome tour, I believe, with Peter-the-Accountant/Tour Guide. 🙂

Glad to see you're still cruising along!

Still in touch with our Scottish friends @Keris from that cruise via FB as well. 

We did book the Sunset catamaran cruise for Aruba, on advice of a neighbor, but that's just the last couple of hours (and ensures we're back on board in time!)  Looking at hiking on St. Lucia--looks lovely. A bit of time left to decide!

--Scott & Anita

Edited by quercus alba