Live From the Sunrise! Take Two

L1211

7 minutes ago, mfrometa said:

Could you do the Make it a double with the cheers program. I know you cant order, but could you pay the additional amount on your sign and sail?

Well, I know you can upgrade to better tequila for no charge. But not sure about a double. 

One hit wonders -  primer for you 

funkytown

Ice Ice Baby

My Sharona 

what’s going on

ring my bell

im too sexy for my body

play that funky music

don't worry be happy

what is love

The fight song

don't call me baby

me And Mrs.Jones 

I’m too sexy 

Best day if my life 

unbelievable 

who let the dogs out

its raining men

Spirit in the sky

whoot there it is 

your welcome!

Can I talk about how special the people who work on this ship are?  We met Emma, the Director of Housekeeping, in Java Blue. Like most crew members, she asked in what I believe to be a lovely Australian accent “how is your cruise?” with  her own brand of enthusiasm.  My mother, nearly 80, had just come from the beach.  She beamed at Emma and said “I found out I could still swim!!’” Emma engaged her in a chat, learning my mother was born on an island, but hasn’t been on vacation in several years and hasn’t swam in a couple  decades.  Emma asks her why and she explained my father had been ill and she’d dedicated her time and life to caring for her life partner and husband of nearly 62 years. He just passed in July.  Emma, with tears in her eyes, bought our drinks at Java Blue and sent my mother a plate of chocolate covered strawberries to her cabin. Her kind gesture  made my Mother’s day. We will talk about it for years to come.

I’m a chief HR Officer of a hospital company.  It’s clear that you can’t have happy, caring staff without happy, caring leaders.  Emma exemplified what we have loved about this trip. Special, caring team members, going out of their way, in their own special and unique way, to make each guest feel special and cared for.  And they have succeeded!  Good on you Emma and Carnival!  No doubt it starts at the top… 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Make sure to order the assorted cookies.  There are four very fancy, very good cookies.  We each order a plate and take the cookies with us to enjoy later.

We had them at the first seaday brunch.  Takeaway was a great idea!  We were too full for any dessert today. 

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

Can I talk about how special the people who work on this ship are?  We met Emma, the Director of Housekeeping, in Java Blue. Like most crew members, she asked in what I believe to be a lovely Australian accent “how is your cruise?” with  her own brand of enthusiasm.  My mother, nearly 80, had just come from the beach.  She beamed at Emma and said “I found out I could still swim!!’” Emma engaged her in a chat, learning my mother was born on an island, but hasn’t been on vacation in several years and hasn’t swam in a couple  decades.  Emma asks her why and she explained my father had been ill and she’d dedicated her time and life to caring for her life partner and husband of nearly 62 years. He just passed in July.  Emma, with tears in her eyes, bought our drinks at Java Blue and sent my mother a plate of chocolate covered strawberries to her cabin. Her kind gesture  made my Mother’s day. We will talk about it for years to come.

I’m a chief HR Officer of a hospital company.  It’s clear that you can’t have happy, caring staff without happy, caring leaders.  Emma exemplified what we have loved about this trip. Special, caring team members, going out of their way, in their own special and unique way, to make each guest feel special and cared for.  And they have succeeded!  Good on you Emma and Carnival!  No doubt it starts at the top… 

What a lovely story!  My sincere condolences on your father’s passing. I’m sure you will miss him.  Your mother sounds like a joy. No wonder you shared your cruise with her. 😀

• Like 1

So far 10/10- across the board! Everything we’ve eaten- outstanding.  Best French onion soup “ever”.  Rich, flavorful. Soft bread. Perfectly cooked onions, creamy cheese.  Beef broth had to be a bone broth.  Yum!!

lobster bisque- comes with “lobster butter” and not lobster meat.  Thin, but quite delicious in flavor. 

wow, what a start to a meal! 

• Like 1

And then there was dessert!  They did such a nice job for my mother’s birthday!!  Champagne toast and Art on the Plate (?) for dessert.  Don’t let this fool you. There is a piece of flourless chocolate cake in there- wow!!! 

8076ABE9-E544-403A-BD6B-5EFCF89FBF85.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/4/2021 at 1:13 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

I told someone that the desserts on the Sunrise Lido last week were the best I've seen in some time. Unfortunately, I found myself eating way too many of them.

This was so true!   We think of cruise ship desserts as “throw away” but not on Sunrise!  Clearly their pastry chefs are for real! The baked goods were outstanding. 

• Like 1