The Restaurant dinner booking

atlantic ocean

When we were on Sky in August on our Iceland cruise, The Restaurant opened at 5:30 PM.  We never needed reservations.  Just go up to the desk whenever you wish to dine and they will accommodate you.  At busy times, you will have to wait in a short line.

There is quite a bit written on this topic already - check the posts or do a search.

The normal (pre-COVID) starting times were 6:00 at The Restaurant.  There were never any reservations taken or required.  During the Welcome Back cruises (including the one we took), people could make reservations, but they were ignored and not used.  It was like pre-COVID times - come when you wanted, walk up.   So it remains to be seen whether that is how it will work.  I would expect so.

I wouldn't be worried about reservation times anyway.  We always eat at 6:00 or 6:30 and never had any problems - even on a full ship!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had made reservations for The Restaurant for our Malta cruise that began October 2, 2021. But, once we were on the ship, they stopped using them. Yes, the original reservations started at 6:00 pm but, of course, your access to reservations is based on your cabin class. With a PV1, I had plenty of choices for The Restaurant but getting good days and hours for Manfredi's was difficult beyond the two that I was initially allocated.