Elation info...hoping to see it soon!

CeleBrat

We just booked the Elation for NOV, on a crazy-good deal, traveling to Bimini and Amber Cove.  Ironically, despite cruising for over 30 years, we have never been to those 2 ports.  Leave it to a pandemic to allow us to experience new things!  We have, however, previously sailed the Elation, so know that she's older and smaller. 

It's our first cruise since 2018, which is far, far too long to be away from the ocean.  

Hoping we start to see some Elation reviews soon, since she goes into service next week.  Need to start planning!

CeleBrat

• Like 1

Ya know what Cele?  You're going back to sea.  The crew will be fantastic and thrilled to see you.  Your lounge chair will be comfy. The first evening's beef brisket will be extra tasty.   And you'll say 'This cost how much again?' 

Have a fantastic time.

• Like 1

I'm going on the Elation on Monday. I, too, got a crazy deal. The fare was less than the cab ride to the ship. And I live a whole mile away.

I just came off the Carnival Magic and had a spectacular cruise. It wasn't perfect, but lets be honest here, it was wonderful.

Amber Cove has something for everybody. It has traditional excursions into the island, but it also has a huge cruise port with pools, restaurants, music... You can absolutely have a great time at this port.

Bimini is a little different. Think of it primarily as a beach day. There is a very long thread here about Bimini. But for the average person, when you get off the ship, there will be a free tram right on the dock. The tram makes several stops including a free beach. There's also a pay beach. I'm sure you get added amenities at the paid beach, but it's the same sand, the same water, and you wil enjoy the free one as well.

My cruise Monday will be Elation's first cruise after the shut-down. And her first cruise after last year's dry dock. I am excited to see the new things and the changes.

Please post a review when you get home.

Edited by Solo1959

17 hours ago, jsglow said:

Ya know what Cele?  You're going back to sea.  The crew will be fantastic and thrilled to see you.  Your lounge chair will be comfy. The first evening's beef brisket will be extra tasty.   And you'll say 'This cost how much again?' 

Have a fantastic time.

I can't even tell you how much I am looking forward to this, as you are correct in that the sea is there, the lounge chair will be comfy, and those Guy's burgers will be juicy!

16 hours ago, Solo1959 said:

I'm going on the Elation on Monday. I, too, got a crazy deal. The fare was less than the cab ride to the ship. And I live a whole mile away.

My cruise Monday will be Elation's first cruise after the shut-down. And her first cruise after last year's dry dock. I am excited to see the new things and the changes.

Please post a review when you get home.

Ours was super cheap too, although not quite as cheap as yours.  It was $451 for the both of us total in a porthole cabin (score) on a 5-day cruise, with an additional -$250 credit for a Mastercard deal, making it...$201.  That's the lowest we've ever scored for a cruise fare!  

Bon voyage to you--and please DO also post your thoughts when you return!

15 hours ago, 1stin71 said:

The Elation was my first love with Carnival.

ALWAYS had a great time on her.

We cruised her last back in 2006...

• 3 weeks later...

I had to cancel a btb on the Panorama with my sister because I broke my ankle 6 days before the cruise. Had surgery and a rod installed. Have been sitting on my butt for nearly a month healing when I got an offer I couldn’t refuse so I booked it. I’m leaving on the Elation this Saturday for a Halloween cruise. It’s been many years since I cruised this class of ships but I think it will be a perfect getaway for me and a nice break for my husband that has been taking care of me through this rehab process. Silly me is going to enjoy the glass elevator in the atrium, I’ve missed that on the last couple of cruises. 

1 hour ago, leesee4life55 said:

If you’re departing 11/8, my family will be on the same cruise after having two cruises deferred because of Covid. We’re super excited! Hope we have a tremendous adventure!

Aw…we are the next cruise after that, leaving 11/13. Have SO MUCH FUN on this cruise that is a long time coming for you!

35 minutes ago, tree.critter said:

I had to cancel a btb on the Panorama with my sister because I broke my ankle 6 days before the cruise. Had surgery and a rod installed. Have been sitting on my butt for nearly a month healing when I got an offer I couldn’t refuse so I booked it. I’m leaving on the Elation this Saturday for a Halloween cruise. It’s been many years since I cruised this class of ships but I think it will be a perfect getaway for me and a nice break for my husband that has been taking care of me through this rehab process. Silly me is going to enjoy the glass elevator in the atrium, I’ve missed that on the last couple of cruises. 

Oh no! So sorry you had to cancel a cruise. That will make this one all the more sweeter! I traveled in the Vista with a bad knee and crutches, and got LOTS of help from the crew.

Be sure to share your thoughts about the ship when you return!

• Thanks 1