Cruised yet?

nissach

37 minutes ago, Human Tripod said:

How did you do your request, I’m having a problem following the links.  If you can please point me in the right direction.  Step by step would be great thanks

I contacted Access and called the office in my area.  They will mail out your vaccination record.  It takes about two to three business days.  Just Google Access Centre Winnipeg for the office in your area.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're cancelling the Caribbean cruise we booked for the end of January because we're still worried about safety in the various ports, possible new outbreaks of Covid and/or its variants and the lack of shore excursions that we're interested in.  We usually book independent shore excursions, sometimes with other shipmates, and aren't sure if they're allowed yet. All in all, we'd prefer to wait until things calm down significantly more.  We have our memories and photos of previous cruises and just want to stay safe!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BatchawanaBabe said:

We're cancelling the Caribbean cruise we booked for the end of January because we're still worried about safety in the various ports, possible new outbreaks of Covid and/or its variants and the lack of shore excursions that we're interested in.  We usually book independent shore excursions, sometimes with other shipmates, and aren't sure if they're allowed yet. All in all, we'd prefer to wait until things calm down significantly more.  We have our memories and photos of previous cruises and just want to stay safe!

A wise decision, given your concerns. We too usually book independent shore excursions, for a variety of reasons, and hope that by March we'll be able to do so. As final payment is still some time away, we will continue keeping an eye on the ports (including Fort Lauderdale) and their COVID levels.

• Thanks 1

We did Alaska with Princess last month and it was wonderful. Really didn't feel very different from pre-Covid except we had masks on (as did many on the ship, even in areas where they weren't required). We still ate too much, drank too much, saw some incredible sights, and had a fantastic return to one of our favourite places. Princess provided our PCR test to come home, and then we spent a day in Seattle post-cruise before coming home.

Next week we will be on Virgin for 5 days, then we have 2 days in Miami before we board a 6 day Carnival cruise. I'm very curious to see what the on board masking experience will be like on both compared to Princess. Neither line provides any testing at the end of the cruise so we're getting antigen tests as soon as we disembark Virgin, both because we need to them to board Carnival and because we want to know we're okay to be out enjoying Miami, and then after the Carnival cruise we're heading straight to Miami airport to get our PCR test done ($179, results in 30 minutes). Assuming all goes well, we've got a hotel pass for a day so we can soak up some more warmth before heading home. The cost of the PCR test certainly is a deterrent, IMO, to sailing with lines that don't provide them. I hope the extra cost and inconvenience will be worth the great deals we got for the cruises!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1