No Excursions Excursion

simplynewt

It has been told that we are going on our very 1st cruise in a couple weeks and as the time draws nearer, the questions are starting to come up that I have thought about. If no excursions are purchased for any ports of call, is it still possible to disembark the ship and walk around the port where we are docked at? Sorry if it seems to be a stupid question but I have learned long ago that a stupid question is one that is never asked. 

Thanks All. 

26 minutes ago, simplynewt said:

It has been told that we are going on our very 1st cruise in a couple weeks and as the time draws nearer, the questions are starting to come up that I have thought about. If no excursions are purchased for any ports of call, is it still possible to disembark the ship and walk around the port where we are docked at? Sorry if it seems to be a stupid question but I have learned long ago that a stupid question is one that is never asked. 

Thanks All. 

Deleted post.   Had you confused with someone posting about bubble tours.

Edited by mondello

6 minutes ago, mondello said:

You already posted about bubble tours so, I have to ask. Are you vaccinated or cruising with anyone not vaccinated? Unvaxxed need exemptions and are restricted to bubble tours. 

No, you will not walk around the port area off the ship if you are unvaxxed.

There are guests cruising that are totally unaware of the restrictions, especially those with kids.

Me and the Wife are both vaccinated. She is somewhat disabled and unable to walk without difficulty. She would prefer to stay onboard so I thought I would take a stroll onshore for souvenirs and such if able to do so .  

1 minute ago, simplynewt said:

Me and the Wife are both vaccinated. She is somewhat disabled and unable to walk without difficulty. She would prefer to stay onboard so I thought I would take a stroll onshore for souvenirs and such if able to do so .  

So sorry. I just deleted while you were posting. Got you mixed up with another poster

1 minute ago, simplynewt said:

Yes, you are allowed to get off the ship and walk around if you don't have an excursion booked.  It's what a plurality (and in some ports, the majority) of the folks do.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, simplynewt said:

Sorry if it seems to be a stupid question but I have learned long ago that a stupid question is one that is never asked. 

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers. My answer in post #2 proves it!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, simplynewt said:

Thanks All. 

The answer to your question is "yes".  We do that often. 

Now, having said that, I must state a qualifier... because of COVID, some ports have restrictions, and may or may not allow debarkation without being on an official excursion.  That's a limitation instigated by the port, not the ship.  It seems most of the ports are no longer as strict as they were at first, but just be aware that it can vary by port.

Edited by Barsnikel