Need help quickly on Brilliance OTS plus excursion info

wandb

Can someone fill me in on why Brilliance of the Seas is not Cruising till mid December?

Is the first cruise after the pandemic a positive (no COVID germs from preceding cruisers) or negative (are the “kinks” out? Is the crew well trained?)

Is there a possibility the cruise would be cancelled?  Or the ports changed?

Thanks for any insight you can give. 

Also, please tell me how to find the ship’s excursions for a particular cruise?  Every time I think I’ve found it, only private tours and private companies pop up. Our cabin is held only till later today, and I can’t seem to find what excursions are available. Hopefully there is one to the Mayan ruins. 

Can't help with the first part

But the ports possibly can or will change, depends on what the ports are, what restrictions there are for the country a number of things. 
I doubt it will be canceled but again, I haven't looked up where it is departing from or to

As for what RC sponsored excursions are available, you can look in the cruise planner once you booked or you might find some on the RC website under destinations 

Things can change daily
maybe someone will have better info 

Thanks, LilBlackDress.

The cruise is on Dec. 16-20. It leaves from Tampa, has just one port stop (Cozumel), with one sea day each way. The whole reason to book this particular cruise is for our DGD to get to see Mayan ruins, so hoping to find some info on that before I lock down the reservations this afternoon. Between college classes and a job, her cruising schedule is pretty limited. 

None of us really know why they held back some ships and started them later. 

Restarting a ship is a lot like launching a new ship and crewing the ship is a big component of that.  Crew have faced more delays getting crew visas renewed and getting vaccinated so it's safe to assume they couldn't launch all ships at the same time and fully crew them all.  Instead they took an approach of focusing on a restart fleet and getting them going then working on the next phase of ships to get them restarted.  

Initially ships had reduced capacity but for ships that are sailing those are being updated and eased back.  It probably didn't make a lot of business sense to try to launch every ship and have every ship at ultra low capacity.  It was better to launch a few ships and have them at 25% capacity by focusing on getting guests to book those ships.

December is too far away to guess about itinerary changes.  The Delta variant is winding down but if a new one pops up and disrupts life like Delta did anything is possible.  No one knows what December will look like, on land or at sea.

We were booked on the December 11 - 15 Brilliance cruise which was supposed to be the first cruise. It was canceled in August, I believe. We're on Celebrity Constellation's first cruise out of Tampa on November 7. I think it's a good thing to be the first passengers since the lockdown. There won't be a crowd of debarking passengers and the ship should be super clean.