scary topic "positive test onboard"

13cheeseburgers

Airplanes have precautions- but that means very little when the people in front of you refuse to wear their masks despite constant warnings and reminders from the crew.  

There was a person on my last cruise who said they (presumably her and her husband both) started feeling sick “about” 5 days in on an 8 day cruise.   She said they told no one about their symptoms.  They clearly did not quarantine because they flew home, and the woman tested positive after she got home.

I don’t know why a person would act that way, and I understand even less why a person would then post about it on a cruise group.  

But I think it is safe to assume there are people who get onboard and then become ill with covid and hide it so they won’t be quarantined- probably more than any of us would like to think about.  

2 hours ago, Tippyton said:

This highlights the ridiculousness of it all.

We cruised on Celebrity a couple months ago….maskless and awesome.  Must be they had special ships designed for dealing with covid lol. Wish we could afford to use them more frequently, as it was a better experience than our masked cruises have been.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DenaInWyo said:

I think you missed my meaning.  I'm not worried about catching it because of flying.  Well, not more than anyone would normally be.  I'm saying that there's no way I'd leave home without testing first on the risk that I was positive prior to leaving.  Several of our roll call members last cruise came up asymptomatic positive prior to leaving home.  It would super suck to have to quarantine in an expensive city or make a very long drive.  

I'm fully vaccinated, an RN, and well versed in PPE and the meaning of social distancing.  But thanks for the tips 😉 

So just get a rapid test 2 weeks before your cruise and if negative, practice all the prevention procedures you well know until test period before sail date.  If that first test is positive, you'll have time to "recover" before cruise.