AARP GIFT CARD

beller

I just bought one a couple of days ago, and within a few hours had it credited to my onboard account. It only took that long because I was doing other things! Please note that you can only prepay up to $500 for your onboard account. Also, if you don't spend all of it, you won't get any money back.

4 hours ago, groundloop said:

AARP website.  Wish I could point you directly to the gift cards but it's been a while since I've purchased them.  As I recall they were a bit tricky to find, hopefully you'll have a quicker go at it than me.

Go to the main AARP website.  Assuming your are an AARP member, login to your account (or create a login).  Click the link to "AARP Rewards."   Click the tab for "Redeem."  Then scroll down and you should find the Carnival gift cards for sale at a ten percent discount.

And Carnival gift cards can be used for virtually anything you might spend money on related to  your cruise, including cruise fare, taxes and port fees, crew gratuities, onboard spending, shore excursions, etc. etc.

6 hours ago, Susan in Maine said:

I just bought one a couple of days ago, and within a few hours had it credited to my onboard account. It only took that long because I was doing other things! Please note that you can only prepay up to $500 for your onboard account. Also, if you don't spend all of it, you won't get any money back.

I think you might be confusing gift cards with carnival cruise cash.  This is from carnival's FAQ on gift cards:

Can I receive a refund on any unused portion of the Carnival Gift Card amount that was applied towards my Sail & Sign account while on board?
Any unused portion or overage of the gift card that was applied toward your Sail & Sign account will be issued in the form of another Carnival Gift Card.

See https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2004/~/carnival-gift-cards---frequently-asked-questions