excursion cancellation policy

rescuemom

Can someone help? I know I should be able to find this answer on the web site but I have been unable to. If I book a celebrity excursion before my cruise and I change my mind, or if the ports change what is the refund policy? I don't want to book an excursion ahead of time not knowing what the refund policy is. thank you!

24 hours before to receive a full refund (once onboard this will go back to your onboard account and then will either pay towards any charges or get refunded back to your registered card)

If the port is changed/cancelled a full refund would be given.

If you cancel before embarkation you will receive the refunds as per payment method

According to Celebrity's website, in general you have 48 hrs in advance of "tour port arrival" to cancel without penalty.  There are some exceptions where it is longer.

image.thumb.png.64ae888834b2287450f794987e4a13c8.png

If you book on the cruise planner and cancel before you sail, you get a refund to your original payment method (whether credit card or OBC).  It's actually quite simple to cancel, too.  

If you do cancel onboard, see above.  However, I encourage you always to contact Shore Excursions whenever you decide not to go on an excursion.  Don't just be a "no show."  First of all, it keeps them from tracking you down (they get concerned that there may be a medical situation).  A bonus is that you MIGHT be able to get a refund, even if you are very close to the excursion.  I recently received a refund for an excursion I cancelled within 2 hours of it's departure time.  That was a pleasant surprise.  I never, ever would count on that happening, but it can (at least, it has).

Oh, about the ports.  If the ports change, you SHOULD get a refund automatically.  There are some reports of that not happening, though.  Again, it's pretty easy to cancel online, so you might just want to do that on your own if a port changes prior to sailing and you don't receive the refund right off the bat.

I also recently had a port change (Grand Cayman changed to Cozumel).  When I saw that, I just went ahead and cancelled my Grand Cayman excursion just to get it done and off my mind.  Easy peasy.

13 minutes ago, rescuemom said:

thank you! I dont know why I struggle so much finding this info on the website. 

It is not surprising.  Using the search function on the Celebrity website is horrible.  I have to go to one of my booked cruises and do a mock booking of a shore excursion in order to see the link that takes me to the Terms and Conditions which includes the cancellation information.  Unfortunately, using that method does not allow me to send you a URL to the cancellation info itself.