Cruising with unvaccinated kids

We’ve booked a cruise with our two young children (7&4).  We are fully vaccinated, but the kids aren’t since they’re still too young.  We received exemption letters, and read through all of the protocols. I’m just not clear as to if my husband and I will be subjected to the same restrictions and protocols as my kids, since they’re unvaccinated. I’ve tried calling Carnival, but haven’t had any luck getting through. I just want to be prepared with the correct tests for all of us, and I would like to know if we’ll have to pay $600 for all of us to have extra testing, or if it will only apply to the kids. We have booked bubble tours for each port, but if anyone has any other tips for our situation, I greatly appreciate it!

The only different rule for you and your husband will be not getting to check your luggage in prior to boarding. Everything else will be the same as if you had traveled with just the two of you. You can get rapid tests but the kids MUST have a PCR test. Also you will only have to pay $300 for your children's tests. If one of you wanted to get off the ship while the other watches the kids you could also do this as well. The cruise was almost identical to pre covid times. You just have to wear masks, and no kids club.

• Like 2

We just sailed with 2 kids.  At least in Port Canaveral, be prepared to separate for the kids' testing.  DH waiting on one side of the room while the kids and I had to wait on the other side.  Only the kids were tested at the port and it was the gentle test, not the awful one they took at home 3 days prior.  We were not allowed to "talk" to him or get iPads while we waited for the test results to come back, pack carry-ons appropriately. 🙂

On board, things were super smooth. The lack of Camp Ocean definitely changed things, but we had a short cruise and games to play around the ship.  The typical "kid" activities like water slides, ropes course, mini golf, etc were empty all weekend.  

• Like 1