Is PCR testing able to be performed on ships prior to debarkation?

CATTOCRUISERS

My husband and I are taking the family on a Carnival cruise in January and then we are going it alone in May, but specifically January....do we have to stay an extra day in Tampa upon debarkation as we need a PCR test to get back into Canada, or is this something available on the Carnival ships?

Unfortunately, Carnival does not provide PCR tests. It might be possible to get a rapid PCR test and fly out on the day you disembark, but it would depend on which airport you are flying home from and the time of day your flight departs. Staying a night in Tampa is a sound idea.

18 minutes ago, fmax said:

I've read that Royal will only do it for cruises of 5 days or more. Can anyone confirm this.

Here's the information on the RCI website:

Kids Age 2-11: Additional Complimentary Testing

In addition to the pre-cruise test, kids will take one or two more tests, depending on the length of the cruise. Royal Caribbean’s test provider will administer these, at no cost to our guests.

• On boarding day, kids will take a complimentary rapid PCR test during check-in at the terminal. We’ll send registration details via email before departure.
  • For cruises that are 5 nights or longer, kids will take a complimentary antigen test onboard before the cruise ends. Vaccinated guests who require a COVID-19 test for re-entry into their country may receive one onboard as well. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test.

I believe that the the qualifying phrase "For cruises that are 5 nights or longer" only applies to the remainder of that sentence, not to the whole of the final bullet. The whole section is on kids 2-11, while the information on PCR testing looks like it was thrown in there for a lack of somewhere else to place it. FWIW, sister cruise line Celebrity has no 5-day or longer limitation for its free PCR testing.

• Like 1