What activities are there to do between disembarkation and a 6 PM flight out of MCO?

screenname2004

Well, we are in the same situation. We are having our transportation drop us off at Miller's Ale House for a few hours. Get lunch, watch football, decompress, look at pictures and videos, reconnect to family. Then to MCO about 3pm. Then, hope no Thanksgiving delays.

Edited by BoozinCroozin

Find a hotel near MCO that offers day rooms (dayuse.com, roomsbyday.com, dayrooms.com, etc.) and relax for a few hours, enjoy the pool and a boozy lunch before heading to the airport for y our flight.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, screenname2004 said:

My "problem" is solved! Because the airline changed our flight and pushed it pass 6 PM, they were willing to change our flight without any additional miles/fees. Now we are flying out at noon.

Unless you have TSA-Precheck, the lines for baggage check-in and then Security can be crazy long. With a noon flight, get to MCO as early as you can to get through all that.

41 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Unless you have TSA-Precheck, the lines for baggage check-in and then Security can be crazy long. With a noon flight, get to MCO as early as you can to get through all that.

Thanks. We have Global Entry. Is MCO as busy as MIA? From past experience, I know the security is "miles" long at MIA for passengers without TSA-precheck.

2 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

Thanks. We have Global Entry. Is MCO as busy as MIA? From past experience, I know the security is "miles" long at MIA for passengers without TSA-precheck.

I am already prepared for MCO to massively busy Sunday after Thanksgiving. Our flight is at 6PM. You can't even check-in until 4 hours before your flight. Without TSA-precheck, you could be in line for well over an hour then. Add in the sick outs, "weather delays", and whatever, the canceled flights will only make it much worse for us. MCO may move "fast", but I have been in line there for an hour before on non-holiday times.

2 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

AA. We are flying early part of Dec.

You should be ok. They have the bag tag printers there and the line for bag drop usually isn't too bad. If you find chaos you can always use a skycap outside for a few bucks gratuity.

TSA Pre is on the far left side of all the lines leading into the security screening areas on that side of the airport. There's usually 2 security conveyors so it moves pretty quickly. The lines for regular security can stretch out FAR but I've never seen much of a line for TSA Pre.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH