Aurea suite with private whirlpool upgrade bid

ddlb

I am so confused and I really need a bottom line on this in spite of reading other posts. I’m afraid to call a rep because they give different answers.  In addition I watched a video on youtube that says you don’t get anything extra just the cabin if you win a bid upgrade. 

So If I win the upgrade bid do I only get the cabin?  As noted it shows the  “Aurea experience” and to me the experience means you get there benefits if you were to book the Aurea whatever they are. 

if anyone would be so kind to really tell me the bottom line I would appreciate it very much especially if you have recently won a bid for the AUREA upgrade.   Thanks. 2nd time MSC cruiser. Loved the Divina and Ocean Cay so much booked the 4 night again but this time discovered I would be on the Meravigila!

E726BF61-226B-4A03-A325-5D658DFF2333.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Ok as it turns out I won an upgrade bid on the Mera from handicap balcony Fantastica  to YCDeluxe handicap balcony and GOT EVERYTHING the YC included if i would have booked it!  On my booking it still also showed the Fantastica experience in addition to the YC. No worries!

1 hour ago, ddlb said:

Ok as it turns out I won an upgrade bid on the Mera from handicap balcony Fantastica  to YCDeluxe handicap balcony and GOT EVERYTHING the YC included if i would have booked it!  On my booking it still also showed the Fantastica experience in addition to the YC. No worries!

I think as most people have reported, YC is the exception on experience.  Since YC areas require a card for entry (which would include your room, they can't just let you in and then deny you the benefits (or essentially single you out in the YC area).  Most have said that since the other experiences are in the general public area, they can exclude you from benefits (e.g. Spa access or, Aurea Deck, free room service, etc.). In the last few years, only one person that I know of reported being denied YC benefits, and this goes back to the days (not too long ago!) when you couldn't bid up.  Conversely, a great number of people have reported upgrading to to a non-YC experience and not gotten the benefits.

I will not weigh in on my opinion about selling upgrades.  I will just report how thrilled I was last week to have the pleasure of having the lonely empty seat next to me in First Class taken at the last minute by a passenger and her colicky infant.  That child provided aural stimulation for 3 1/2 hours of the 4-hour flight!

Edited by JAGR