Testing Backup

We're really not comfortable doing the home testing. So..I'm thinking about making a testing appointment for friday morning (for sunday cruise) and having a backup appointment for that afternoon. We're rural and our CVS doesn't do the rapid antigen test. We'd need to get the am test done at our Walgreens and then (if test is cancelled)  travel a little over an hour for to CVS. I thought this was a pretty good plan, until. I've been reading that the Walgreens ID Now test can take up to 72 hours. For those of you that have used Walgreens, what is the longest you've waited on results? 

Another question....What is the latest we can be tested for a sunday cruise? We'll be driving to port the saturday before and could possibly make a testing apppointment for saturday afternoon where we'll be spending the night. 

2 minutes ago, packedandready said:

I've been reading that the Walgreens ID Now test can take up to 72 hours. For those of you that have used Walgreens, what is the longest you've waited on results? 

The Walgreen website states up to 24 hours for ID-NOW. My only time using them I had my results within 25 minutes.  My brother's results took probably 8 hours or so because the Walgreens website to retrieve the results went down and didn't come back online until later in the evening.

2 minutes ago, packedandready said:

.What is the latest we can be tested for a sunday cruise?

Sunday immediately before stepping onto the ship. Saturday would be perfectly fine.

You can do test day 2, 1, 0. (so Friday, Sat and Sunday are all acceptable) this only applies to fully vaccinated adults 12 and over.

Here is a handy chart that RCL has provided.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-do-i-figure-out-when-to-get-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

image.thumb.png.3fe224bbdab4a1fd9ffa1684edb63e78.png

Edited by alexgtp