Carnival Valor Live*/Solo/B2B 11/6-11/11/21 & 11/11-11/15/2021

JRL81

5 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

Great job so far! Valor was my first Carnival cruise way back when and I can't wait to see the changes. I really do like the blue on the hull. 😀 Heather

Hey Heather!!! She is gorgeous now!!! From the scuttlebutt she has some new and improved touches inside as well!!! I’m sooo excited I’ll be on her second voyage post dry dock and hope to show her off as best I can! 

~Jay~

• Like 3

Ok!!! Laundry started and switched and belly full for now… can’t beat a trainman special for breakfast (if you know you know) I will have atleast 1 when I’m on my cruise to honor those that went before us and who enjoyed these boards as much as we do.

• Like 2

image.thumb.jpg.7743be3b60badc470625617bf8ab91a0.jpg

today is going to be a set it and forget it quick cook dinner.. these leftovers will go to work tomorrow and I will share with the office.. one of the easiest things I have ever cooked! Crockpot chicken and dressing.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, JRL81 said:

today is going to be a set it and forget it quick cook dinner.. these leftovers will go to work tomorrow and I will share with the office.. one of the easiest things I have ever cooked! Crockpot chicken and dressing.

Yikes that's a LOT of processed and preservative food!  ENJOY!

Faster to the Fun.. or Failure to Tell Future Cruisers..

It was about a week or two after booking this cruise that I was strolling and scrolling through my planner, setting up WiFi, Cheers!, etc., that FTTF became available. I jumped on it like a rat on a Cheeto.. I smugly thought to myself that things were looking up! Strutting around like a won the lotto! I was SURE that this was my ticket early boarding and that first funship for relaxation and some prime real estate in Serenity!! 

Boy was I wrong!!! I put it out of my mind in blissful ignorance went on with the daily grind. A month or so later I had a carnival refund in my account..

image.jpeg.f3546710576e73ccbb1bcfc40ab83ee0.jpeg
so I log in to my trip manager, all looks well.. then shoe drops.. my FTTF was GONE!! Zip, zilch, nada, a big ol goose egg sitting where it should be!! I went to my email expect an explanation or a we are sorry.. type email. Nothing, I waited and waited the. I find out from a John Heald live on the book of faces that FTTF was to be canceled for the rest of the year!!

I was bummed but I wasn’t going to let it keep me down!!! Just meant I would have to sit up the night of checkin to get what I wanted since I wouldn’t be able to skip the line. 

~Jay~

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Yikes that's a LOT of processed and preservative food!  ENJOY!

Lol it’s not healthy for sure but I’m in a hurry sort of.. kind of… I do normally try to eat healthy and fresh produce but I just couldn’t resist this for some reason today.. a comfort food made quick lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JRL81 said:

today is going to be a set it and forget it quick cook dinner.. these leftovers will go to work tomorrow and I will share with the office.. one of the easiest things I have ever cooked! Crockpot chicken and dressing

Do you just add chicken to the other ingredients?  Looks like an easy dinner that my kids would like. 

Enjoying the review. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Do you just add chicken to the other ingredients?  Looks like an easy dinner that my kids would like. 

Enjoying the review. 

Place 4-5 chicken breast in crock pot pour 1/2cup of broth over.. in a bowl mix 2cans soup, 1 1/2 cup broth and 1/2cup sour cream all together.. pour both boxes of stuffing mix over chicken and then pour soup mix over stuffing… stir it up a bit then cook on low 6/7 hours or high 4-4.5 hours when done fluff with a fork and shred chicken into dressing pull chicken out to serve separately 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JRL81 said:

Place 4-5 chicken breast in crock pot pour 1/2cup of broth over.. in a bowl mix 2cans soup, 1 1/2 cup broth and 1/2cup sour cream all together.. pour both boxes of stuffing mix over chicken and then pour soup mix over stuffing… stir it up a bit then cook on low 6/7 hours or high 4-4.5 hours when done fluff with a fork and shred chicken into dressing pull chicken out to serve separately 

Thank you!!  I am going to try this. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Thank you!!  I am going to try this. 

It’s easy and taste great!! Adjust your cook time depending on how you like your dressing, some like it moist some prefer it more done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeyJut said:

Enjoying your pre-review. I love long, detailed reviews with blow by blow so to speak.

I’ve been on the Valor twice. Definitely looking forward to seeing her.

Thanks for following!! Just have to get through the last week and a half at work and a few other things that popped up and the fun will be rolling!

• Like 4

Today has been along day, of course it for a Monday that is the norm here. We start each week with a status update meeting, scheduling coordination, mapping out the travel and field assignments, etc. I got to the office to get the board room set up, I usually bring some kind of "treat" for the meeting. As, I may have slept a little tad late this morning, the "treats were store bought cookies from the grocer around the corner instead of the usual kolaches, donuts, etc. WOW never thought that some adults could be more child like. "The coffee is great, what's your secret to making a good cuppa?, But these things suck I will not eat any thing like this where is my donut? What about a Kolache? I would even take a pig in a blanket?" (this was one of the LOW totum poll over officious nobodies that is almost on my last nerve.) Seriously people I beat them here by an hour (even running late) set up the room, and refreshments and still complain?... I am debating doing this anymore.. It is only required that I cater to my 2 direct Bosses, i.e. doing almost everything for them. I think its time the other assistants take care of their own bosses!! lol

Over the course of the day I will try to update some more of the pre-planning as time allows, we are very close to real time posts soon and then we can really relax and hopefully coast all the way to travel day!!

~Jay~ 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, JRL81 said:

Today has been along day, of course it for a Monday that is the norm here. We start each week with a status update meeting, scheduling coordination, mapping out the travel and field assignments, etc. I got to the office to get the board room set up, I usually bring some kind of "treat" for the meeting. As, I may have slept a little tad late this morning, the "treats were store bought cookies from the grocer around the corner instead of the usual kolaches, donuts, etc. WOW never thought that some adults could be more child like. "The coffee is great, what's your secret to making a good cuppa?, But these things suck I will not eat any thing like this where is my donut? What about a Kolache? I would even take a pig in a blanket?" (this was one of the LOW totum poll over officious nobodies that is almost on my last nerve.) Seriously people I beat them here by an hour (even running late) set up the room, and refreshments and still complain?... I am debating doing this anymore.. It is only required that I cater to my 2 direct Bosses, i.e. doing almost everything for them. I think its time the other assistants take care of their own bosses!! lol

Over the course of the day I will try to update some more of the pre-planning as time allows, we are very close to real time posts soon and then we can really relax and hopefully coast all the way to travel day!!

~Jay~ 

Just another in a LONG list of reasons why I am grateful I am retired....don't have to deal with any of that crap anymore!

Hang in there, there is no appreciation for hard workers anymore.....your vacation is rapidly approaching.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JRL81 said:

Seriously people I beat them here by an hour (even running late) set up the room, and refreshments and still complain?... I am debating doing this anymore.. It is only required that I cater to my 2 direct Bosses, i.e. doing almost everything for them. I think its time the other assistants take care of their own bosses!! lol

So typical.  You do things as a favor and then they decide that’s your job.  Someone on here once posted that she hates people.  I feel the same sometimes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

So typical.  You do things as a favor and then they decide that’s your job.  Someone on here once posted that she hates people.  I feel the same sometimes.

I'm getting to that point lol. I love kids, I love being social, but I think truly dislike the entitled and the ignorant more so than anything! I could easily go anywhere by myself for days and speak only to staff when needed, completely enjoy myself and throw down a mad blog at the same time😂🤣😂

• Like 4

On 10/24/2021 at 1:24 PM, JRL81 said:

22 hours ago, pcrum said:

Enjoying the review. 

My kids like this too-I add cheese on top though. Also have done this baked in the oven (I skip the broth then, and just basically make the stuffing up first then toss on top of chicken nestled in the soup)

Yeah attention rapidly waning this afternoon when I should be focusing on work...

Kolaches.  Miss these. No one in MO knows what they are-have to go to czech bakery in TX or to hubs aunt in Iowa lol.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, monykalyn said:

Kolaches.  Miss these. No one in MO knows what they are-have to go to czech bakery in TX or to hubs aunt in Iowa lol.

I feel your pain even where I am a TRUE Kolache is hard to find but I do find them. Now, a bunch of people around here call a pig n a blanket  a Kolache... Every time I here that I cringe and attempt to educate them to the error of their ways!! LOL

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

Just another in a LONG list of reasons why I am grateful I am retired....don't have to deal with any of that crap anymore!

Hang in there, there is no appreciation for hard workers anymore.....your vacation is rapidly approaching.

There will always be complainers, sadly even on a cruise ships!

PACKING, OPTIONS, CHOICES, CONFUSION....

Through the years (young, dumb and stupid up to now) I have gone through MANY ways of packing for trips. Years ago before I really cared, I would simply just grab everything throw it in a duffle bag or carry on and then pray to all that is Holy that I would have what I needed and that there would be an ironing board, steamer or at least a dryer where ever I was going. I didn't need to impress anyone and I could pack in less than 10 minutes... More time for drinks at the airport!!! (see I use to wait till the LAST minute) 

After leaving things behind more times than I could count and having to pay outrage prices for things, that I should have NEVER left behind, sooooooo many times!! Remember? young, dumb, stupid? Looking back I don't know how much mulah I just threw away with these bad habits!! Then there was stage of over packing! 🤦‍♂️ for a few trips I was worse than my ex-wife or mother COMBINED. I took EVERYTHING.. just in case... didn't want to get caught "with out" this or that. Let me tell you, I think this stage is partially responsible for my lower back issues I now currently face!!! 🤣😂🤣 We are talking  checked bag, carry on, backpack aaaaall full of $%!t I didn't need and never really used, but I was never caught with out anything!

This led to my learning to roll, fold, and condense packing down to a backpack and either a carryon or 1 checked back. Yes, I still took "a lot" but, it was packed NEATLY, didn't really need to pressed, and not too much strain to haul around as a solo  traveler. This worked for me well for several years and I patted myself on the back for a job well done! Then I saw the promised land.... Packing cubs became a "thing". I didn't see any use or value in this as I didn't feel they could be, in any way, better than MY packing.🙄 About 6 years ago I was given 2 sets of these for Christmas and low and behold I was a CONVERT.. I was a BELIEVER!!! Where have these been all my life?!?!?! I literally could pack for a week in a backpack if I had to!!! These are what I have... a red set and a grey set..

image.png.b602a5e7365521b2f4bb1b8d672bf554.png

Then as things happen a LONG trip comes up, you know the ones? 2-3 weeks, chance you may not be around a washing machine or a laundry mat... UGH!!! No way I was going to fork out cash for extra cubes, or pay outrageous fees for 2 checked bags!!! NOT ME!!! (this from the guy who squeaks when he walks with other peoples money in his pockets after gambling 😂🤣😂) So I began to research... After a few days of said research I came across something AMAZING... The Bundle Method of Packing... Pack for 28 days in a carryon.. OK you have my undivided attention..    

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwji8cDbmuvzAhWtkmoFHbbmDfE4ChC4AnoECAkQCQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPDn9l20NlWw&usg=AOvVaw1VzwPWHt51nRUi6Bp5rUWJ

Folks, this works!! I have packed and traveled by this for the past 4 years... I have tweaked it a bit and lay a split open trash bag in my suitcase then proceed to pack as it tells you to. Once I have done that I fold up and tape up the trash bag.. presto magico.. packed up, wrapped up and no water leakage. I know they are not the most gentle with our belongings in airports and cruise ports. I don't want to have to start my vacation doing laundry. As we get closer to departure date I will post pictures of the process with my tweaks. Things are looking up!!! We are in single digits now!!!

~Jay~ 

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 6