Celebrity Air ??

KellyMcB

On 10/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, KellyMcB said:

While booking our cruise I found that Celebrity Air has a great price and wanted to book air (connected to our cruise booking).

The problem I'm having is I can't secure seats without final payment - which isn't due until mid December - by then my seat

selection will probably be crap & we won't be able sit together.

Has anyone else experienced this or overcome this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Actually once you book, you can call air by Celebrity or whatever they call it and they will sort out your seating for you.  I booked mine LAX-SEA for next September and couldn't do seats.  Called them and they got our seats squared away, I can even view and edit my seats on Delta.  Final payment due in June.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:20 PM, LWeiler77 said:

OW status?  My husband and I are flying BA in June for our Italy and Greece cruise, and now I'm concerned we won't be able to sit together.  I'm planning to call the airline this week to use points to upgrade from Premium Economy to Business (although one of our flights is already booked into Business) - has anyone had any issues with this kind of upgrade using Flights by Celebrity?  It was our TA who set everything up to take advantage of the sale going on, but said I'd need to do the points upgrade myself.  So this has me a bit worried. 

One World (OW) is a group of airlines that share status/frequent flyer benefits.  AA and BA are both a member of that alliance.  
I have never upgraded a Celebrity Air flight, but I would think it would be possible.  The mileage plus pay upgrades to Business can be hard to find.  Do you have BA miles that you plan to use to upgrade a BA flight?

Edited by jagoffee

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 8:58 PM, jagoffee said:

One World (OW) is a group of airlines that share status/frequent flyer benefits.  AA and BA are both a member of that alliance.  
I have never upgraded a Celebrity Air flight, but I would think it would be possible.  The mileage plus pay upgrades to Business can be hard to find.  Do you have BA miles that you plan to use to upgrade a BA flight?

Gotcha, okay, didn't connect it.  It's the end of the semester, and I'm a professor...*sigh*

We're using AA miles to upgrade, it's just a better deal on BA, and the same amount of miles to upgrade on both AA and BA flights.  In fact, we have BA flights going out, and AA flights coming back, but with BA flight numbers - code sharing, of course. 🙂 

Now I'm only concerned about these new variants and travel restrictions, since we're traveling from the US to Europe and back, and bouncing through a couple of places, as we weren't able to get direct flights. So I was holding off on the upgrades until things "settled down", if that's possible. Keeping fingers crossed!