Breeze 10/16 - 10/21 Random Thoughts

Badfinger

- Cruised out of Galveston.  Had a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on deck 11.  Just my wife and I.  Chose 1200-1230 Check In.  Drove from San Antonio morning of.  Fourth cruise on the Breeze, 7th overall and first since 2018.

- If you use Galveston Park and Cruise right across from the terminal, don't be shy about asking for a premium spot if you are a repeat customer.  They keep me coming back.

-  Once we got through security/health screening, there was zero wait to get on ship.  We breezed right through final checkin and onto the ship.

-  Self Mustering is nice!

-  Luggage delivered before 1:30..it was waiting for us!

-  Seems I-45 has been under construction since forever.  Ugh.

- When did they change the name of Warm Chocolate Melting Cake to Carnival Chocolate Melting Cake and why?  Seemed gooier than before...all three times.

- Comedian Valerie Storm is not funny.  I waited 10 minutes for a real comedian to show up...none did so I left.

- Cloud 9 Spa fully operation without masks.  I visited the spa 14 times (about 90 min each time) during our 5 day cruise.  Ask any questions!

- We remembered our earplugs and glad we did.  Wow was the Flick show loud.

-  Breeze Band playing on the Ocean Plaza deck 5 is a lot of fun.

-  Some of the trivia is hard...but easy to cheat if you really have to have a SOAS.

-  Violin music...just a little is enough.

-  Passport facial recognition is fantastic.

- Apparently they don't care what you bring back anymore aside from Cigarettes and Booze.

-  As usual the Salmon from the Grill in the MDR was the best food item of the week.  

- The Italian restaurant is still the best kept lunch secret.  After we boarded we headed straight there for lunch, arriving about 12:35.  Counting us there were less than 12 people there.

- Tee shirts, vanilla and chocolate in the ports can really add up fast.  Add in a couple gifts and there goes $200.  But I don't go for the 8 for $20 tee shirts or vanilla without expiration dates either!

-  Wow was our cabin quiet.  We both slept very well....8+ hours a night.  But that was our goal...a restful do nothing cruise...no excursions either....just a lot of doing nothing.

-  Taking the elevator down to deck 0 and then the stairs up to deck 14, five times in a row, is still a very good intense workout.  And the stairs in the front of the ship are pretty much empty at 0630.

- Still don't understand why people work hard to get a deck chair on the noisy, busy and hot lido deck, when one can find a peaceful shaded deck chair and be all by yourself down on deck 5 where you can see the water.  Riddle me confused.

-  Seemed early in the season for a fog delay upon our return.  Book your flights accordingly!

- Sorry..no pictures..that would have been too much work on our do nothing cruise.

• Like 3