Hotel in Copenhagan

CARGAL99

Can anyone tell me a good hotel inCopenhagan? We will be spending one night after our 10 cruise on June 12-22nd. We are so excited!! Thanks for your help!!!

I am sure there are a lot of good hotels in Copenhagen. We are staying at "The Square" http://www.thesquarecopenhagen.com/

for two nights pre-cruise for our Sept. 12 departure. It reviewed fairly well on tripadvisor.com and is convenient to many attractions.

Regards,

RonC

The Palace Hotel is in a great location. We stayed at the Sofitel which was very charming and was right across the street from the train station. Made it very convienent when we wanted to either hop on the train or hail a cab. Anything in that area is a great location. Close to the Stroget, Tavoli and many other sites. Since we were off the ship very early, you'll have a whole day to see some site.

The SAS Radisson is a good hotel in an excellent location right near Tivoli Gardens.

We stayed at the Marriott Copenhagen which is also very close to Tivoli(10 minute walk). We stayed there on June 30th for US$100/night via a bid for a 4 star hotel in Copenhagen from priceline.com. The rooms have beautiful river views and I think it's the Top 2 rated hotel for Copenhagen on tripadvisor. Most 2 star hotels start at that price....My $100 bid wasn't successful until about 2 1/2 weeks before June 30th.

We also have choosen The Square for our pre/post cruise stay in Copenhagen. Rated well on TripAdvisor. We looked at many, many hotels and decided this would be our best choice since it included breakfast and has a good location. We also got two free tickets to Tivoli on the precruise stay and free Champagne for the post cruise stay.

Booked directly with the hotel.

Julia

Can anyone tell me a good hotel inCopenhagan? We will be spending one night after our 10 cruise on June 12-22nd. We are so excited!! Thanks for your help!!!

Last July, before and after the cruise, we stayed at the Copenhagen Marriott. It was wonderful! I placed a $93 bid on Priceline which was accepted. I have Danish friends who came to vist me at the hotel and even they were impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

WE are now staying at the Grand Hotel in Copenhagen after originally having reservations to the Square hotel. Since I had booked that hotel months ago the rate went down on Orbitz so I emailed the hotel to see if they would match the Orbitz price. They promptly wrote me back and said that they could not in fact match the price and the original price had to stand. I then in return wrote them back and cancelled my reservation. Then of course I did more research and got the Grand Hotel Copenhagen which is also close to Tivoli and also received their free breakfast and Tivoli ticket package for about $50 less than the Square price. The thing I don't get is that they are part of the same hotel chain and the Grand is actually rated a 4star hotel compared with a 3star for the Square.

We stayed at the SAS Raddison across from Tivoli Gardens last year and really enjoyed it. We were able to watch the fireworks that night from Tivoli. Part of the Pre-cruise we booked thru Princess. On our return, we stayed at the Airport Hilton for a couple of days. Booked this one on our own. The trains are very easy to get around on and are located beneath the airport and let you off next to Tivoli. We had the Copenhagen Card that gave us free train rides + other extras. We had a very early flight on the way home and were able to walk to the ticket counter from the Hilton.

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson SAS Falconer? It seems a bit more out of the way than I would have liked, but we didn't have much choice in hotels given that we are on the 6/14 sailing of the Star Princess and there is a Rotary International convention in town that week. Hotels are booked solid, so we were lucky to get what we got.

Just wondering if anyone used that particular Radisson and how far off the beaten path it really is. Also, how have folks gotten from their hotel to the pier (we go from the Freeport cruise terminal) if they didn't use the cruise line's transfer?

Thanks! :)

We are on the Star Princess leaving out of Copenhagen on the 4th of July and I thought I read somewhere on CC that it leaves from the Langeline pier??ANyone know what pier for sure??

This may help but can't guarantee accuracy of the information:

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/faq/#1

Lots of good information on this site and a Q&A section.

If you click on the "Click here" will link you to the cruiseship schedule. Type in your date of departure and should show what pier your departing from. If your still not sure, contact Princess.

Where do I find my ship?

Ships usually dock at either the Langelinie Pier or the Freeport Terminal. Langelinie is about a 30-minute walk to the city center (or a short taxi, bus or train ride). Freeport is about a 60-minute walk to the city center.

How do I find a listing of cruise ship arrivals in Copenhagen?

Click here for information on arrivals dates, times, and arrival terminals (also searchable by ship name and date). Quay numbers beginning with "1" represent Langelinie Pier. Quay numbers beginning with "2" represent Freeport Terminal

Julia

I recommend the Marriott if it's available. We won a Priceline bid for $93 a night. Although the Marriott may not be available, it's worth a try. According to biddingfortravel.com it does seem to come up quite often. Good Luck.

Archived