Vaccines and Minors under 12 - NCL is moving the goalpost!

eplanet

On 11/5/2021 at 7:09 AM, bkrickles1 said:

I agree.

I'm sailing Joy 1/15/2022 and my final payment is due 11/16.

My sister in law, who has 2 kids 7 & 8, booked this sailing too.

She was hoping that the kids would become eligible to be vaccinated, but would not have made final payment on the 16th if everything hadn't been approved, as it just was.

Reading the tea leaves, we felt pretty confident it would happen and it has.

I'm so happy that they'll all be joining us.

This is us as well, Sailing 1/16/2022 NCL Star Antarctic Cruise.  Final Payment is 11/16.  10 year old's first dose scheduled for Tuesday 11/ 9, 2nd dose scheduled for 11/30.  First dose is 1 week before final payment.  Our plan was if she did not receive dose 1 prior to final payment being due we would cancel the trip.  She will be considered "fully vaccinated" 2 weeks post second dose on December 14th a month before we travel.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, eplanet said:

Update:

NCL did cancel our cabin, but our PCC was able to get them to reinstate it without our 8 year old on the reservation.  If we are able to prove her vaccination status later this month, they will add her back to the reservation.  We are very happy that NCL stepped up and worked with us on this!

Thank you everyone for your understanding and advice.  

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear that you'll be able to add her back in once vaccinated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Our daughter did get the second vaccination today for our Dec 5th cruise. Our PCC was on vacation, so getting our daughter added back to the cabin was more difficult than it needed to be (over 2 hours on the phone with NCL) and we're paying around $220 more than before they canceled our cruise - so i guess I'll need to fight over that one next...

Edited by eplanet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eplanet said:

Update: Our daughter did get the second vaccination today for our Dec 5th cruise. Our PCC was on vacation, so getting our daughter added back to the cabin was more difficult than it needed to be (over 2 hours on the phone with NCL) and we're paying around $220 more than before they canceled our cruise - so i guess I'll need to fight over that one next...

Glad it worked out for you, I’m sure you guys will have a great time. Just curious, why did it cost extra? Was it the port fees?

27 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

Glad it worked out for you, I’m sure you guys will have a great time. Just curious, why did it cost extra? Was it the port fees?

I'm guessing, but when the youngster was removed and then re-added they were re-added at the current (higher?) fare