Lawn club Grill: Tips not included in price

fstuff1

Note that the receipt says "Additional Tip" so that you can leave extra if you wish.  The base gratuity is included.  

For those dinners that are pre-booked (and pre-paid) no receipt is even brought to the table to be signed unless the diner ASKS for a receipt, since it has been pre-paid.  The reason?  Guests complained they thought they were being asked to pay again.  This was explained to me by the M'D in the LCG a couple of years ago.  

Just now, Algebralovr said:

Note that the receipt says "Additional Tip" so that you can leave extra if you wish.  The base gratuity is included.  

For those dinners that are pre-booked (and pre-paid) no receipt is even brought to the table to be signed unless the diner ASKS for a receipt, since it has been pre-paid.  The reason?  Guests complained they thought they were being asked to pay again.  This was explained to me by the M'D in the LCG a couple of years ago.  

That makes sense for dinners bought pre-cruise. (Tho I've been told cash tip is split among the wait staff of that restaurant instead of that particular waiter keeping it.)

For dinners I booked on board (thus haven't paid for yet), it's been inconstant about the check.

I always ask if there's something for me to sign.

sometimes the answer is no, other times I'm presented the check.

(All specialty dinners I've eaten are discounted.

and I don't buy the dining package since it's cheaper to buy individual that day depending on how desperate they want to fill seats)

Edited by fstuff1