How was your food in the MDR?

9 hours ago, randybutternubs said:

Oof is that really true re: chops?

Yes and no.  It certainly isn't Morton's, but it's a significant step up from MDR with regard to quality of food and service.  It's not just smoke and mirrors.

Just off the Oasis and we were very pleasantly surprised by the food in MDR.  We had one dinner at 150 Central Park which was fabulous but we opted not to do a second night of specialty dining because our MDR food was really very good.  I had completely forgotten about escargot--it was one of those nice thing to reacquaint myself with after almost 2 years without a cruise!

We only went to Windjammer once for lunch and it was ok but not worth making the effort to find the right food then find an available table.  OTOH we loved the Solarium Bistro for lunch as well as el Loco Fresh.  

In the last few months we have sailed on Adventure, Mariner, Odyssey and Freedom. The food in the MDR has been good to very good on every ship. One thing to keep in mind is food is very subjective. I always keep that in mind when reading comments about food on a ship (positive or negative).