Flying to port same day…

happywife0921

17 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Can you fly in late the evening before after work?  That would at least give you some more hours of buffer….

I’m looking into it, I work 12 hour shifts and usually don’t get off until 8:30 or later so trying to get there early enough for a late flight I think will be my issue.

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

🤞🤞for you. 

And thank you for your work as a nurse. I know when DW was recently at an emergency room after a fall, there are no people in the world more compassionate than nurses.

Thank you so much, and I hope DW is doing well now. I need this break like yesterday.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mondello said:

@happywife0921 I didn't mean to minimize your financial risk in post #10. Time is money and our vacation time is priceless. I was burnt by Spirit this summer and am trying to use my credits at the end of Dec. I hope all the airlines can get it together. I think there should be more of a financial penalty for them rather than allowing these mass cancellations to keep occurring.

Not a problem, I understood what you meant. In past cruises I definitely had more time to plan things out, and at the time I lived in Alabama so could always drive to New Orleans/ Florida ports easily. Now, not so much lol.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, happywife0921 said:

Thank you so much, and I hope DW is doing well now. I need this break like yesterday.

Yes, thank you she is fine. Her knee recovered after a week despite being told that if there was ligament damage it could take months. Also she just a few minutes ago walked in coming back from the dentist, and she will not need dental surgery although the instructions were to see an oral surgeon. (She had checked previously, and the dentist had looked at her and said he could take care of it, but needed her to wait a month for her lips to recover to the point he could work on her. But, still good to get that confirmed.)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

The OP is in Brooklyn, not NJ or Manhattan.

Chances are that she would drive (or cab) to LaGuardia or Newark and not fight with luggage on the subway or train. For Newark, the easier route will be by car through Staten Island.

Going through Manhattan on Thanksgiving morning is a nightmare by any type of transportation due to the parade.

Depending where she is in Brooklyn, it is an easy (except for possible traffic) drive by the Belt and Southern State Parkways to Sunrise over to Veterans and the airport (or the BQE and LIE to Vets).

Side note: I am appalled by the grammatical and spelling errors in my first post. I do know better.  

Correct assessment of my travel options lol. And I didn’t even think of the parade, definitely know I have to scratch EWR out of plans now for sure.