COVID Testing at PPT

gdlamberth

We will be embarking on a cruise two days after arriving at PPT.  The cruise line requires a negative COVID test within 72 hours of boarding.  The PCR test we took back home for boarding the ATN flight to PPT will be too old by the time we're ready to board the ship.  My question is do individuals get the results of the Test administered at Fa'a Airport and, if so, how long does that take?  Ideally, I'd get my PCR test at home to board the ATN flight and then get the results of the test from Fa'a Airport prior to boarding the ship.  Will that work or do I need to find a testing facility in PPT or bring one of the DIY kits?
Thanks,
Greg

26 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

Which cruise line will you be with? Windstar do free tests before you board. I thought most cruise lines did?

We're with Oceania and they will do a rapid antigen test immediately prior to boarding at no additional cost.  HOWEVER, the issue is related to refunding if the "immediately prior to boarding" test comes back positive AND as a result you are denied boarding.  IF you've had a negative COVID test within 72 hours of boarding (ergo you have no Pre-Existing Condition) and then you test positive in pre boarding test, O will refund your cruise payment (or FCC).  IF you have not had a negative test result within 72 hours (ergo you have NOT established that you don't have a PEC) you're out of pocket.  At least that's how I understand O's T&Cs.  Someone else, that knows better than I may weigh in here and clarify or correct.  I'm really just looking to protect my "refundability" in the event of a pre-boarding positive result.

Greg

In the FWIW category, I did find this facility to conduct COVID test in FP.  They are the same folks the government have doing the tests at the airport and have offices on several islands.

The Louis Malardé Institute offers two types of tests:

• The so-called “antigenic” rapid test with a rapid turnaround time. The cost of the antigen test is 5,000 FCFP / person (francs pacifique), with a report validated by a biologist. The traveler must present himself with his passport and his plane ticket. The result return time is 1 hours after the sample.

• The RT-PCR test in the laboratory for medical biology analyzes with a result return time 24h to 48h maximum after the sample. The cost of the RT-PCR test is 12 000 FCFP (francs pacifique) / person, with a report validated by a biologist. The traveler present himself with his passport and plane ticket.

The tests are carried out without an appointment at the airport:

• Monday to Saturday from 07:00 a.m to 20:00 p.m.

The tests are carried out without an appointment at the institut:

• Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 13:00 pm continuous day,

The results will be accessible on the internet (www.mesanalyses.fr). A username and password will be provided upon registration.

Regards,

Le Fare COVID

Laboratoire d’analyses de biologie médicale

Institut Louis Malardé – Papeete, Tahiti Polynésie française

Horaires d’ouverture :

• Du lundi au vendredi de 7h30 à 13h00 (journée continue)
  • Samedi, dimanche et jours fériés de 7h30 à 12h00

: http://www.ilm.pf , covid-19@ilm.pf ( 40 416 416 – 40 416 472

Greg