Cruise Critic removed my review using specious rationalization

denny1700

I paid in full for the Cannes - Lisbon cruise after months of preparation.  I spoke over the phone and sent emails back and forth over months.

Cruise Critic refused to let me post a review of my experience as a customer, saying that they only allowed reviews from those who had actually sailed.   I was prevented from doing, not through any choice of decision of my own, but because Star Clippers decided not to let my board.  (The

ostensible reason is that I did not have proof of a 72-hour PCR test (though I did and passed the on-site antigenic test. 

This doesn't align with EU guidelines or laws.  I entered France, Portugal and returned to the U.S. with an antigenic test.  Star Clippers passengers are overwhelmingly in their 50's and beyond.  In phone conversations I specifically asked about Covid requirements and was told about the necessity of wearing a mask in all public areas except when sunbathing.  No one mentioned a PCR test, the most major hurdle to getting on this cruise.

Most Americans don't realize, as I did not, that there are two different Covid tests.  Star Clippers did not explain this or the logic behind requiring both, which no country in the Developed World, to my knowledge, requires in addition to double vaccination.

The only mention of a PCR test was one sentence buried in one of three long attachments in an email one month before sailing.  I received messages to furnish proof of travel insurance, CDC card, etc. and eventually told that these would be acceptable for boarding.  

Suddenly I started reading all the emails I had been getting from Cruise Critic in the past but had never noticed or read.  They all were pitches to buy a particular cruise package on a specific date.

It occurs to me only now that Cruise Critic;s revenue comes directly from the cruise lines, the very ones it ostensibly welcomes customers to review.