Vaccination card

dduckieg

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse with this question.

Just booked Horizon for next week. Does Carnival require the vaccination card to be uploaded or do you just show it at embarkation? I’ve never booked this late before so I don’t know if there is an email to expect regarding the card. 

Thanks everyone! 

Is just the card required or do I also need the digital certificate. The website is not clear if it is both or one or the other?

Proof of vaccination, as follows, will be required at the terminal in advance of boarding:

• Original vaccination record issued by the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). Copies or photos are not accepted.
  • A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.

32 minutes ago, WestTexasBySea said:

Is just the card required or do I also need the digital certificate. The website is not clear if it is both or one or the other?

Proof of vaccination, as follows, will be required at the terminal in advance of boarding:

• Original vaccination record issued by the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). Copies or photos are not accepted.
  • A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.

It is an either, as some places (Europe) have digital COVID passports.

22 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Has anyone used a digital covid certificate when checking in?  Is there a standard one for the US?  I’ve heard of state apps or even ones for concerts/events but nothing universal in the US like in EU.  We’ve been on two cruises so far and both times just showed our original card. 

There is no standard in the US.