The Daily for Sunday November 07, 2021

richwmn

14 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Let's just say, that while I like to keep busy and enjoy being outside, I don't really enjoy paying someone to do something I can do.  It also leaves more to spend on a cruise(s).  🤣

There are days when I do as little as possible, and I try to sit outside with a good book or at least a book most days.  And I plan to sit on out balcony with my Kindle and veg out.

I certainly understand your reasons for all your hard work.  I don't enjoy spending money on someone else doing the odd job around our place either.  Same reason - more money for cruising!👍

I did 90% of the yard work while DH was still employed.  He helped me with the hard jobs on the weekend or after work, like putting down the mountain of hardwood mulch we would have delivered annually.🤪  The yard always looked so much better when I was the one taking care of it instead of a contractor.  We also did other things at our homes, like building a redwood deck at our northern California home and later the Ohio home.  When we had a pool installed in our Ohio backyard DH and I built the 6 foot tall wood fence around the backyard.  From photos I've seen online, it's still standing 32 years later!  DH and I also put down a brick patio between the deck and the pool at the Ohio house.  When we moved here to Georgia we wanted our mechanical room in the lower level painted.  White cement walls and grey cement floor.  It's a pretty big room, too!  The painting contractor wanted a fortune to do it, so we bought the materials and did the work ourselves.  So glad we did!

• Like 2