World Cruise Blog

eroller

It's not Cunard, but distantly related. Saga Holidays is publishing a "blog" of the SAGA RUBY (ex CARONIA) and SAGA ROSE World cruises. It's written by the Captain's of each respective vessel. Some of it is quite interesting and I suppose it's the next best thing to actually being there.

I absolutely adore these two magnificent vessels, but I am no where near old enough to sail on them (at least not by myself). :( Saga Holidays caters to the 50 and above crowd. One passenger in the cabin can be 40, but they must travel with someone at least 50 years or older.

Ernie - who is in no rush to meet the Saga requirement. ;)

Click on the following link for the blog:

http://*****.com/pglx2

The International Date Line seems to cause an awful lot of confusion. On our journey west we have, quite naturally as the Longitude has increased, been retarding our clocks one hour every now and again. Eventually we shall have to miss a day - Thursday 23rd of February will not exist. I have been asked, "Does this mean we shall get two Friday 24th's." I understand there has even been talk of compensation required, but of course, the brochure has it. Saga Rose departs Southampton on January 4th, returns April 23rd, 108 nights. Saga Ruby departs Southampton January 4th, returns April 23rd, 110 nights.

I leave you to mull over that!

Imagine the QM2 FLL to RIO passengers!

WE DEMAND COMPENSATION YOU SKIPPED A DAY THERE~ WE'LL SUE AND CUNARD WILL GO BANKRUPT!!!

<LOL>

Just read only the past week on the Rose. What a delightful Blog. And it does give a bit of insight into a Captain's decision to skip a port.

A marvelous description of how they got folks back on board at Pitcarin Island. Bear in mind these are primarily "seniors" Little old ladies being hoisted up a ladder with a strap around them (like a beginner would use on a trampoline) being pushed up the ladder by manly islanders from below!

Do give it a look!

Karie,

Who is fancying a Saga 'round the world about now- And I DO qualify! Marc and I are fifty-one!

It's not Cunard, but distantly related. Saga Holidays is publishing a "blog" of the SAGA RUBY (ex CARONIA) and SAGA ROSE World cruises. It's written by the Captain's of each respective vessel. Some of it is quite interesting and I suppose it's the next best thing to actually being there.

I absolutely adore these two magnificent vessels, but I am no where near old enough to sail on them (at least not by myself). :( Saga Holidays caters to the 50 and above crowd. One passenger in the cabin can be 40, but they must travel with someone at least 50 years or older.

Ernie - who is in no rush to meet the Saga requirement. ;)

Click on the following link for the blog:

http://*****.com/pglx2

Ernie, really enjoyed the links to the blogs. While I never traveled on Saga Rose, I did a fabulous 2 week Med cruise on Saga Ruby when she was Caronia. I loved the ship, an absolute jewelbox! It was a shame that Cunard got rid of her. I guess I can try both ships now as I am 50+ and qualify. On the other side of the coin, I think I will be on the considerably younger side when I do the QE2 world cruise next year!;)

Thanks again,

Bobby

I also sailed on the Caronia, in South America, when she was a Cunard ship. Until I read these threads, I had never heard of Saga, but I might like to sail on the Ruby again. Are Saga trips good, i.e. what star rating would you give them, are they good value, anything else about them would be helpful.

Archived