Cruising with Children

Lscruiser

On 11/8/2021 at 11:18 PM, caribill said:

And then Princess changed what CDC rules they would follow, only allowing fully vaccinated passengers on a cruise.

A number of people have posted that soon after that change they were notified their cruise was cancelled.

Somehow Princess failed to notify the contact on the booking for your grandchildren in a timely manner. Very poor on their part.

Since even a child must be fully vaccinated to cruise, this would require a minimum of five weeks from the first jab.

I fully understand your frustration and, I suspect, anger at the way this has occurred.

I expect that Princess is now handling these types of notifications, like they do with PVSA violations, they notify when they are doing the validations about 2-3 weeks before the cruise.  In this case it appears to be more of a reminder.

I expect that since there was the possibility that there would be approved vaccines for children sometime this fall that they are only notifying now when the cruise  dates get close.

6 hours ago, john watson said:

I should be of a similar expectation.  I was just saying that Princess would do well to have a warning for people who are not as intuitive.  These days with the social media and people turning to the media one often finds a clip on the news about an allegedly terrible story of how someone has ended up in a situation which any sensible person may have easily anticipated.  I remember a story where a woman who was intoxicated had fallen off a cruise ship balcony into the sea.  Her complaint was that it took 90 minutes to pick her back up.  The news programme was criticising the cruise line for not having the cameras which picked up the incident manned.

Regards John

I know.  
Someone on Reddit this week actually asked

"if their covid test wasn't back yet they could still board the ship right?"

Cheers! 🚢

5 hours ago, Stevie17 said:

We are sailing on January 2nd, and I'm of the same mindset. We bought the "Cancel for any reason" insurance through Princess, and are frankly prepared for just about anything. I feel like so many things have fallen through in the last 19 months that I wont truly believe that we're taking this cruise until I'm stepping onto that ship. We're vaxxed (and boosted), we will take our Covid tests before hand, we wear masks, and we are essentially putting ourselves into a self-imposed quarantine for the week prior to the cruise. That's about all we can do. The rest is out of our hands. 

Exactly !!!!!   Us too !!!!!   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

I know.  

Cheers! 🚢

That sounds like a set-up for a sad situation...

7 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

I know.  

Cheers! 🚢

In US you will need to take the default quayside test for $150.  A family of four would get hit by a cost of $600 before boarding.  Then of course it might be a positive result which would really be a kick in the trail mix component.

Regards John