All Inclusive Resort Day Pass question

GA_Traveler

We will be in Montego Bay in a couple of weeks and I am looking at excursions.  I am thinking of getting a day pass to an AI but I can't find any info about a day pass. 

Can anyone recommend an AI and tell me how you purchased the pass?  Did you contact the resort directly or did you book through a tour guide?

I would appreciate some guidance on this. 

Thank you. 

Dawn 

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2022 at 5:32 PM, jcaadb said:

Hi There! Did you find any AI’s who were selling day passes? We have called a couple resorts and they said they are not offering them right now. 

Hi jcaadb!  I never really found any information.   In fact, we booked another cruise that will be returning to Jamaica in February so I have been researching again but have found nothing.  I  guess that we will just go with a ship excursion again.   Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, Jamaica's cruise operations have been adjusted to align with global operating standards as well our Ministry of Health & Wellness’ COVID-19 prevention protocols and guidelines. This has extended to the management of tours and the movement of cruise passengers. As a means of helping to ensure the health safety of Jamaicans, restrictions have been placed on cruise passengers' ability to roam the streets of resort towns freely.

Please visit this link - https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/compliant-listings/ - to view a current list of Approved COVID-19 Protocol Compliant hotels and attractions that cruise passengers can visit. You will need to confirm arrangements and options through your cruise line.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pre covid I used Resort for a Day site to book one over by Ocho Rios.  Dunns river falls resort or something like that.  We really liked it!  good drinks, service and yummy coffee drinks.  Beach was ok, kayaks available.  food was ok

a few years ago we booked Sunsplash or sunspree resort AI, but the drinks were watered down and the pool water was very cold.  Seems to be the cheapest.  Felt like they didn't want us there.  We won't go back.

NOW looking around Montego Bay and have found options on Resort for a Day and Gangwaze.  I will look on Jaital (??sp)  Has anyone stayed at any of the 5 listed by Mo Bay?  Good , Bad?  No kids to worry about, but they don't bother us.  Want good sand beach, good pool with swim up bar, transportation, good drinks.

• 1 month later...

From the one's listed on Resort for a Day, without Kids I would choose RIU Reggae - about 20 min from cruiseport (MoBay), nice renovated hotel, nice beach and good food options, it's worth the cost.  With Kids, the Palladium has lots of pools for kids but it is a bit of a drive, I like the Hilton Rose Hall.

1 hour ago, WioK said:

From the one's listed on Resort for a Day, without Kids I would choose RIU Reggae - about 20 min from cruiseport (MoBay), nice renovated hotel, nice beach and good food options, it's worth the cost.  With Kids, the Palladium has lots of pools for kids but it is a bit of a drive, I like the Hilton Rose Hall.

Thanks! decided on RiU Rose Hall.  will see!!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/9/2022 at 6:34 PM, WioK said:

Anyone been to Hilton Rose Hall lately and can give feedback? Will be in Jamaica during our April cruise.