Recent cruises Question

Senior Sea Dog

When we were on the first Alaska cruise on the Neiuw Amsterdam (post covid) in July we were supposed to be at 50%. So many people wanted to join the cruise that they pushed it to 60%. This was before they started mandating masks and pre-cruise covid testing. We were on the Carnival Panorama in October and we sailed at 65%. Carnival was offering great deals just to fill up the ship. Most cruises are sailing now between 50 and 65%. We just received and offer from HAL for a free cruise. They are still trying to fill up the ships. 

I just happened to be walking through the ship (koningsdam) this morning when they were having the q and a.  I don’t know who the people were answering the questions but I believe he said this sailing was 60.5 percent.  Feels more full than that.  This person felt they will be up to capacity by Xmas.  Seems fast to me.

We were on the first voyage of the Rotterdam VII.  There were about 900 passengers which was about 47% occupancy on that transatlantic cruise.

The second cruise was a 5 day Bahama cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.  Less than 800 passengers are aboard or slightly less than 40% full.

The third cruise should have 1900 passengers which would be close to 90%.