Pre departure lateral flow test

LLOM

22 hours ago, ferretktf said:

maybe not isolation

in parliament today, Sajid Javid was asked "The travel restrictions were brought in to prevent Omnicron from taking hold in this country.  Now that we have 200,000 Omnicron infections per day, the constraints on international travel appear both superfluous and ridiculous. When will they be removed?"

The answer from Mr. Javid was "I agree with the point raised and I will be consulting with my colleagues from the Department of Transport to see what can be done to remove the restrictions at the earliest possible opportunity"

Of course Grant Shapps could disagree and leave them in place - but potentially the necessity to self-isolate may have been removed by the time of your return.

Interesting. Is there 200,000 infections a day in Uk or around the world?  Official infections through testing in UK is 45/55 thousand a day. Confused 

1 hour ago, Cliffholl55 said:

Interesting. Is there 200,000 infections a day in Uk or around the world?  Official infections through testing in UK is 45/55 thousand a day. Confused 

It’s very confusing, if you look at the full statement from about 4,200 confirmed Omicron cases the ONS have extrapolated that there are 200,000 cases per day in the U.K. 

Figures taken in isolation can prove anything you want them to, COVID is serious and we need to take the required precautions but it would be nice to look at the whole picture.