Warning for Canadian cruisers re covid tests

archer_310

33 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As @darkblueerin points out in post #52, there is a discrepancy between the requirements as stated on the .com site and the .ca site, with the latter specifying PCR tests only for Canadians. However, MSC is an exception, and I really don't foresee other lines going to a PCR requirement for cruises out of the US. JMO

Yes - MSC has been showing that cruising with them while Canadian is a struggle for sure. At this point the ship better be fantastic to earn my business again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkblueerin said:

Yes - MSC has been showing that cruising with them while Canadian is a struggle for sure. At this point the ship better be fantastic to earn my business again.

If Princess decides to this also, I may have to cancel my trip.  To much of a hassle. We’re spending a week in Fort Lauderdale prior to our cruise. 

2 hours ago, darkblueerin said:

May not be MSC's fault. As long as the Cdn Govt wants a PCR Test to enter the country then MSC might be saying "what is good for the goose is good for the gander". Once Canada drops the PCR requirement and goes to Antigen type testing then MSC may follow suit. Other cruise lines haven't taken this approach but MSC may have their reasons ie countries/islands on the itineraries requiring a PCR test so why should MSC pay for it. Discount cruise line like Costa, minimal time in ports to ensure ship excursions, high pax to gross ton ratios etc.

Edited by CHOPPERTESTER