Boomhower's mostly live Carnival Magic 8/14-8/20

boomhower

After 726 days it's time to get back to sea!  Like many we had several canceled during the shut down but our time has finally come.  We are a family of three, me my wife and 15 year old daughter.  It'll be the fifth cruise for me and my wife but only the second for my daughter.  We are really excited to try the Dream class out, we've done three on the Elation and one on the Miracle.  We are very laid back cruisers and I take full advantage of the drink package.  Originally we had planned on going early for a second trip to the Kennedy Space Center but with the COVID situation in Florida we will be waiting until another trip for that.  Heading out Saturday morning for our eight hour drive to the port area. Got our COVID tests scheduled for tomorrow morning at Walgreens.  My wife is already done with work but I have one more 12 hours shift to pull tomorrow.  I'm certainly no Sid or Saint Greg but I'll hopefully provide some entertainment.  

Here's a pic of my traveling companion, Tony the T-Rex:

IMG_9671.jpeg

Edited by boomhower
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

Do you mean 11/14? Will be watching because we get on when you get off on 11/20.

Yeah sure did, website seems to be having an issue I can't edit the title.   I'll give it a few hours to correct and I'll just can this one and start over.

Edited by boomhower
  • Like 2

You will really like the Magic! Of course a lot bigger than Elation or Miracle (Love miracle, she’s my favorite ship and I’ve been on a bunch!).  The layout is nice, easy to navigate, and plenty to do. We were on her for the 3rd time since startup on the October 31 cruise. The entertainment is good, there’s always something going on in the Atrium lobby and the Ocean Plaza. Our favorites were the Electric Waves violin group, fantastic, and the Magic Rock Band. Hope they’re still there. Food and service in MDR was good, as was the buffet on Lido.  Hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did. We will be going back January 15, 2022. 

I see you’re from NC, our son lives in Roxboro, north of Durham.  Safe travels on your trip down and back!