Will Future Cruise Credit work with Move Up Bid win??

barric

I just booked a Celebrity cruise using our FCCs.  Future cruise credits cannot be applied against taxes and port charges, so I was left with a significant balance.  TA says it can be used on a future cruise.  TA also said that if I win an upgrade bid, it can be applied then.  Can anyone confirm this?  My understanding is that a private entity runs the upgrade bidding progress.  If an upgrade bid is successful, my account is charged immediately.  But by whom?  And will they know about my FCC credit balance?

Celebrity does use use an external company to run the MoveUp auctions but Celebrity choose the amounts they will accept.    When you win the bid it is charged to your credit card by CELEBRITY and your account is automatically updated with your new room.

I can't confirm if you can use a FCC for the Upgrade as I have never done it but fundamentally don't understand how it could work.   When you make a bit you are required to enter a Credit Card and their is no place for a FCC.   If I recall I think they do a credit card check to make sure card is valid.    When you win a bid your credit card is charge prior to your room being assigned.    

I would ask your TA to confirm and how exactly they would apply it to your FCC or call celebrity.

• Like 1