Triumph Western Carib. May 13th...

cheekie

• 1 month later...

Would like to ask the same question as you, Cheekie! We are looking for some info on the excursions. The only thing I have got to do the Dunns River Falls. We were going to do the Mayan Ruins, but did you notice they knocked off 6 hours of our layover in Cozumel?

Thanks, Mark

I wrote up detailed versions on Carnival and Port of Call boards - can search. Here's my quickie guide:

Did Playa Mia in Cozumel - wouldn't do that again. Could have saved money by doing Paradise Beach.

LOVED Nativeway. Did their Stingray & Island Tour. Will DEFINITELY go through them next time in Cayman - loved it there!!!

Enjoyed Phil Lafayette's tour of Jamaica. We did river tubing (best for hubby and myself) and Dunn's River Falls (favorite of my 10 & 12 yo dd)

I LOVE the Triumph! Have sailed her both Western and Eastern!!

In Cozumel - Paradise Beach was fabulous! I have been to Coz on land vacations and found that Paradise beach was a great way to spend a port day.

In Grand Cayman I can't say enough good things about the people at Nativeway. I did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion and it was great! Our guides were wonderful and the staff was very accomodating.

In Ocho Rios I went off the ship at my leisure and headed over to Island Village and hung out mostly at Margaritaville. I have also done land vacations in Jamaica and experienced many of the things this island has to offer including Dunns River Falls and caves. It is really a very beuatiful place and there are many wonderful local people. Check out the Ports of Call Boards for reputable tour operators who do a great job for cruise pax.

Not going this year.... but saw your Date.... we went in 2003 AND 2004 on the Triumph Western the same week you are going on THIS YEAR!

We had unbelieveable gorgeous weather both those years. I wish my kids were still little - I can no longer take the oldest one out of school, or we would be with you again!!

We also went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel - a wonderful day!

We have done the stingrays, but the last time, we just went to 7 Mile Beach.

We took a tour of Ocho Rios, with A-Z Jamaica Planners - it included a stop at Dunn's River Falls. Then we hung out at Margaritaville for a few hours!

(Some pics of the beaches and the Ship in my webshots!)

Have FUN!

Catrin

After researching it to death, LOL, have picked either Xcaret excursion (through Carnival) or Paradise Beach in Cozumel, Phil Lafayette tour in Ocho Rios and Nativeway Stingray & Island tour in Grand Cayman. :)

I'm jealous...though we're done to *only* a year to go, LOL.

After researching it to death, LOL, have picked either Xcaret excursion (through Carnival) or Paradise Beach in Cozumel, Phil Lafayette tour in Ocho Rios and Nativeway Stingray & Island tour in Grand Cayman. :)

I'm jealous...though we're done to *only* a year to go, LOL.

We were thinking of doing Xcaret - except for the fact that when you consider the travel involved - at least 1/2 hour to 45 minutes on the ferry to the main land and back - and the amount of things to do in Xcaret, we believed we'll have to wait until we do a land vacation in the area.

We did Playa Mia, but wish I had chosen Paradise Beach.

Phil is wonderful! We had a great time! Did tubing, falls and tour.

LOVED Nativeway! Never wanted to leave the Caymans and WILL DEFINITELY use them again!

Archived