Question re online check-in

Twolittleboys

As my trip will start soon, I was trying to do the online check-in but ran into problems when adding my payment card. I don't think there is any way to add card A (which I would like to use) online. I could add card B instead (hopefully) or I could wait to check-in on the day (so no online check in). I think card A should work when adding it in person (hopefully). So my questions are:

Is there any disadvantage to not do online check-in ahead of time?

If I go ahead and check in online with card B, can I change the card once at the port/on the ship?

If anyone has experience with these scenarios I would really appreciate their input!

37 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

Is there any disadvantage to not do online check-in ahead of time?

I think the primary reason is simply to spend less time in the terminal. While other lines had the capability to allow entering payment info in advance, until the pandemic shutdown Cunard required all of the check-in activity (verifying passport, payment info and photo, etc.) to take place in person.

I can't answer your question re: changing your onboard payment method with firsthand experience. But it certainly seems that would be within the capabilities of the Pursors Desk.

Had a similar scenario. I entered a card to allow check in to complete so I could print the documents and once on board requested the change at the purser’s desk. It went through without issue, the card I wished to use would not register at home but on the ship it was accepted using the card reader.

I had a similar problem and have just spoken to Cunard here in the UK. I was told it was an IT problem that was being worked on. To get through check in I used a different card. I was then told to delete that card and wait until completing the final details 3 days before embarkation to add my card or add the card at the counter during embarkation. Hope this helps