Grocery and/or drug stores near Port Canaveral

lschrage

Hi there-

Hubby and I will be leaving on our Mariner cruise next month and will be driving to Port Canaveral from WDW via a rental car. We wanted to know if there are any grocery stores or drug stores on the way to the pier. We need to stop and pick up some soda as well as sunscreen and other odds and ends. Thanks!

If you are going to be coming from Disney, I would pick up items in that area first before heading to port. When in Port Canaveral/Cocoa, there ARE stores along A1A, but you will have to turn back around and head back to port.

I take it you are taking SR 528 (Beachline) to the pier? If so, you could always get off on SR 436 (airport) exit, and down on SR 436 there is a Walgreens a bit down the road, but sorta out of the way. I would just get the items over near WDW first. There are plenty of stores over near there...both drug and grocery.

Have a great cruise and trip to Florida :)

We always stay at Disney prior to our cruises.The Target GreatLands and Walmart Superstores have everything you could need.They are on 192.

There are smaller stores in Cocoa Beach but if you need to really stock up I would recommend the Target or Walmart.

No idea on how we're taking to get to the Port. We're staying at the Dolphin onsite at Disney. Any recommendations/idiot-proof direction on how to get to the pier from WDW?

if you're a AAA member, call them and ask for a Trip-Tik, if not, go to Mapquest and plug in the address for the hotel, and the pier, and print out turn by turn directions, and a map. It's really easy, don't worry about it, unlike getting directions in Pittsburgh, which could confuse anyone, getting around Orlando is easy.

Wraithe

No idea on how we're taking to get to the Port. We're staying at the Dolphin onsite at Disney. Any recommendations/idiot-proof direction on how to get to the pier from WDW?

Take 1-4 to state road 528 (beachline) and it takes you all the way up to the port! :) Very easy! Just have toll road money available because there are a few tolls on 528.

I am sure the front desk of your hotel has a map and such to help you, or even the rental car facility. This will also be a big help. Luckily, since the Beachline takes you all the way there, it will be a smooth hour or so ride.

Take 1-4 to state road 528 (beachline) and it takes you all the way up to the port! :) Very easy! Just have toll road money available because there are a few tolls on 528.

Just to make sure, I checked my Trip-Tik to make sure of my memory, it's been a long time, but 528 is the Bee Line Expressway. Didn't want them to be looking for the beachline and not find it. The rest of the directions are spot on, exactly correct.

Wraithe

Well that's good to know, my maps all suck then! Thanks for the heads up! I really appreciate it.

Wraithe

Yeah, they just recently changed it from BEE to BEACH line. I think its retarded after I have lived here 28 years and they suddenly change the name of the highway, but whatever!

I would not take I-4 to Beachline, but I hate I-4. I wouod take the toll road 417 to the beachline (Beeline)--it is more straightforward, and MUCH less traffic than I-4, which will route you around the airport. There is a super target off of 417 on Orange Blossom Trail which is very convenient.

I would not take I-4 to Beachline, but I hate I-4. I wouod take the toll road 417 to the beachline (Beeline)--it is more straightforward, and MUCH less traffic than I-4, which will route you around the airport. There is a super target off of 417 on Orange Blossom Trail which is very convenient.

I definitely second this! Follow the signs from Disney property that lead you to the airport. This will get you onto 417. The SuperTarget is at the Orange Blossom Trail exit (about 1/2 mile from my house!), on the right when you exit. Just get back on 417 going "North" (actually east, but 417 is considered a north/south highway). You'll go around the souteast side of the airport, then right up to 528 (Beachline), which you'll take to the east to get to PC. Have fun!

Heading east toward Cocoa on 528 the Beach-line or Bee-line Highway you will pass over I-95 get off at the next exit. It will be called Clearlake Road / Industry road exit. Go to the Stop Sign hang a right if you look over to the right you will see a McDonalds,turn right at the light about 100 yds, turn right again a Winn-Dixie Grocery Store will be in the same Plaza along with a Drug Store. If that is not what you are looking for at the same traffic light where you turned right, go left about 1/4 to 1/2 mile there is a Super Wal-mart you should be able to get what you need there.It will be real easy to get off the Highway and back on the highway at this location. Once you get back on the Bee-line you have about 8-10 miles to the port. Also watch your speed in this area they are building a new bridge over the Indian River.

Question...

Is Orangle Blossom Trail the same as Hwy. 17? It looks like the Super Target that you are talking about is located at: 2155 Town Center Blvd

Orlando, FL 32837. Does this sound about right?

And let me make sure I understand this...I should take 417 (Heading "north"), stop at Super Target on the way (which looks to be exit 11), get back on 417 and take that to 528, and then take 528 all the way in.

Does this sound correct?

Question...

Is Orangle Blossom Trail the same as Hwy. 17? It looks like the Super Target that you are talking about is located at: 2155 Town Center Blvd

Orlando, FL 32837. Does this sound about right?

And let me make sure I understand this...I should take 417 (Heading "north"), stop at Super Target on the way (which looks to be exit 11), get back on 417 and take that to 528, and then take 528 all the way in.

Does this sound correct?

Yep, that's the one! Orange Blossom Trail (OBT) is Hwy 17, and the Super Target is at 2155 Town Center Blvd (the cross street to OBT). Just take 417 north, and get off at Hwy 17/OBT, and it's immediately on your right. I'm not sure about the exit number...sounds right, but I never pay attention to it!

When you go to get back on to 417 after visiting the Super Target, you'll actually be turning LEFT from northbound Hwy 17/OBT. It's kind of a weird loop-around to get back on the highway heading north. Just follow the signs and you'll be OK. Also bring a few quarters for the tolls. Have fun!

Yep, that's the one! Orange Blossom Trail (OBT) is Hwy 17, and the Super Target is at 2155 Town Center Blvd (the cross street to OBT). Just take 417 north, and get off at Hwy 17/OBT, and it's immediately on your right. I'm not sure about the exit number...sounds right, but I never pay attention to it!

When you go to get back on to 417 after visiting the Super Target, you'll actually be turning LEFT from northbound Hwy 17/OBT. It's kind of a weird loop-around to get back on the highway heading north. Just follow the signs and you'll be OK. Also bring a few quarters for the tolls. Have fun!

I've attached a picture from Google Earth. The Super Target is the white-roofed building right in the center of the picture. 417 is the highway across the top. You'll be coming from the left. OBT/Hwy 17 is the yellow north/south road toward the right. Remember that even though 417 is east/west at this point, the signs all refer to north (east)/south (west).

test.jpg.0bf242542397e842f592d663373dc0c7.jpg

• 11 years later...