E-check Payment

eylarson

No.... I paid using an e-check last week using my travel agent as the go-between. She called Viking and made sure the amount was correct and all the pertinent banking info was accurate. She passed along the receipt from Viking and the money was removed from my account within 2 days.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BigBee51 said:

No.... I paid using an e-check last week using my travel agent as the go-between. She called Viking and made sure the amount was correct and all the pertinent banking info was accurate. She passed along the receipt from Viking and the money was removed from my account within 2 days.

This has always been exactly our experience, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eylarson said:

We make the final payment to Viking using e-check for the discount.  However, our Travel Agent requires us to pay 7.6% of the balance using a credit card paid to the Travel Agent.  Has that been your experience?  

I am a TA and can tell you that this is not how any payment to Viking ( or any other cruise/tour company ) should work.  I would question that ( is the charge to your card going to show from the agency itself or still show as being charged by Viking ) and tell them that you want to pay in full directly to Viking to get the full amount of the discount . It’s not like the agent’s commission is going to be reduced by you getting that echeck discount so I can’t see any logical reason why they want you to pay that 7.6% via credit card. 

• Like 5