LIVE REVIEW: NCL Escape (7-night PCV, COZ, OCHO, GSC)

drumexpert510

7 hours ago, vacation44 said:

We have been to Paradise Beach twice before and was thinking of going  somewhere else this time.  Even though it is your favorite, you rate it a 7/10.  May I ask what is keeping you from giving it a higher number?

Enjoying reading your thread.  

I would like to see more activities maybe some music or a band. Also, the water inflatables are good, but worn a little and may need some updating soon.

Tonight was Teppanyaki and let me say overall it was the best teppanyaki experience I have had on a ship and that is saying a lot. I spent 12 days on a TA where it was open for lunch everyday and was included so yes… a lot of reference points for this… the chef, Elizabeth was amazing! She had amazing energy and the food did not disappoint. She must have asked us 19 times if there was anything she could do to make our dining experience better or add anything! A+++ on the regard…. BUT I have a strong bone to pick and it’s one I mentioned in a previous review…. For the dessert, they took away the green tea ice cream! Back in August/September I was on board the Encore as some of you might know and they had substituted the green tea ice cream from vanilla… I asked and was told it was temporary as they were out. Well, 3 months later and a whole different ship, it was still vanilla ice cream and I was informed that this was a permanent change! 

Unfortunately, that was one of my favorite desserts. The green tea cake paired with the green tea Ice cream was to die for. Oh well, maybe others will feel the same way and here is to hoping they change it back eventually.

B5FB6166-E5B5-4FA7-9B4E-D97A5B0076F2.jpeg

93ABA908-E887-48F5-A438-68C6878B5785.jpeg

• Like 5

On 12/1/2021 at 10:13 AM, BULLOCK said:

Drumexpert510,   Have you taken in any of the shows in the main theatre?  If so, your thoughts.

Yes, one of my favorite shows onboard any ship just happens to be on this one. Choir of Man which I first saw back in August on the Encore has 4 showings this cruise. These guys are amazing, the show is coordinated very well, the singing and dancing is second to none. I highly recommend it! Just for an extra little piece of advice, try to sit up front, the audience involvement and side banter they give to those up front will add something extra to the show. 

94E96D0C-BC70-4FBD-9A83-0ABD9200DD8F.jpeg

F09111CE-5584-4DC5-AD6F-868EC0EA4FC0.jpeg

69FEDFF3-164A-4BFF-B4A0-7AD0C2EB1B4B.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, drumexpert510 said:

4 hours ago, drumexpert510 said:

Yes, one of my favorite shows onboard any ship just happens to be on this one. Choir of Man which I first saw back in August on the Encore has 4 showings this cruise. These guys are amazing, the show is coordinated very well, the singing and dancing is second to none. I highly recommend it! Just for an extra little piece of advice, try to sit up front, the audience involvement and side banter they give to those up front will add something extra to the show. 

What nights did they perform? I believe Sunday night was mentioned in one of the earlier posts. Am I  correct in assumi that they are doing 2 shows?

Thanks

I have a question in regard to shore excursions.  A statement on the website for rcl states guest can get off 2 hours after docking and must be back on 2 hours before departure.  This means if you  are in port from 8-4 in Cozumel (you cant get off until 10 and must be back on at 2) Is that correct?

Grand Cayman arrive 10 and leave at 6.  Free time (12-4), Ocho Rios arrive at 9 depart at 5. ( Free time 11-3)?

We often do shore excursions that are not ship based.  Can you comment on this?

On 12/3/2021 at 3:24 PM, marksfamilyof4 said:

Does this boat now have a designated Starbucks store onboard?

On 12/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, marksfamilyof4 said:

I have a question in regard to shore excursions.  A statement on the website for rcl states guest can get off 2 hours after docking and must be back on 2 hours before departure.  This means if you  are in port from 8-4 in Cozumel (you cant get off until 10 and must be back on at 2) Is that correct?

Grand Cayman arrive 10 and leave at 6.  Free time (12-4), Ocho Rios arrive at 9 depart at 5. ( Free time 11-3)?

We often do shore excursions that are not ship based.  Can you comment on this?

No, everything is normal. You can get on and off the full time. They only difficulty right now is Ocho which has restricted movement. You are not allowed in the city of Ocho Rios but can go to pre arranged destinations via ship shore excursions or private transportation. 

Thank you so much for the dailies and the entertainment schedule.  This is exactly what I’ve been looking for.

I saw your review of your day in Cozumel.  Are you planning to review Ocho Rios and Great Stirrup Cay too?  I’d love to hear your thoughts on these ports.

Thanks again.

On 11/28/2021 at 2:09 PM, notworkste said:

Not much to add to this thread, but some of my observations.

• check in and Covid testing was very easy. We decided to do a 1430 checkin and take it easy and it was a breeze. Only hiccup was the covid board, stopped working. 2 of us got texts, 2 didn't and eventually we were let through as a block.
  • walked all over ship last night, it was dead, it was really nice
  • busier today, lots of walkers on jog track at 7am. had whole basketball court to myself with a football (soccer) for an hour
  • food at garden cafe is great (but Encore was better), English bacon!
  • washy washy really stepped the game up, we're serenaded now to weird al worthy crew singing "wash your hands" to jingle bells
  • Manchester United v Chelsea switched over to NFL games not even started, 10 mins before end of the game, and crew blamed the bridge!
  • Big bad. The daily has info on offers at Tradewinds, it's false. They actually printed out a new daily at some point. Felt like we were lured there under false pretenses. Crew blamed Miami making errors on the daily.
  • Staff are absolutely marvellous
  • The captain sounds little like Blofeld in Her Majesties Secret Service, hypnotizing you with his little chat on the intercom!

Hahaha on your observation of the captain's voice! One day he was announcing something and was listing off numbers and he sounded just like the Count from Sesame Street. We loved his accent and way of wording things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/3/2021 at 3:24 PM, marksfamilyof4 said:

Does this boat now have a designated Starbucks store onboard?

Yes - It was just to the left of the Atrium Bar (when facing the bar) on Level 6. Took us several attempts to finally find it - it's called the Atrium Cafe or something, but it's basically a Starbucks.

Did anyone on this cruise hear about the fellow that was harassing the women? 

I never found out what happened but my daughter and her friend were pestered, as were a bunch of others, including one girl who was followed around Cozumel. My daughters friend actually reported him and they were on the lookout as others had reported too. He was acting drunk but the bar staff confirmed he actually wasn't drinking alcohol.

I know this is your update thread @drumexpert510but some of my post cruise thoughts.

This was a seriously good cruise. We won't be as lucky in the future with how quiet it was on board. The staff were excellent and I got horribly, horribly drunk in the best way possible (and monster hangover to boot on bus ride in Jamaica to deal with). I won a soccer tournament by being the only participant! I interacted the most with my room attendant and after that it was Darko at Starbucks.

I did some dining in French (not keen on French anyway) and thought it was over rated, the Brazilian which was great but the real gem was when I went a la carte at Tapas. So good I did it again on the last night. 

Unfortunately it's nearly a year to my next one, but it turns out it will be on Escape again. 

Apologies for the noise if you all were at the bar when me and my daughter were knocking back Jager, but I don't see her often and well I am Irish 🙂

• Like 3

We were on the first cruise out of Port Canaveral on November 13-20. It was so good to get back onboard a cruise ship. The crew members were so happy to see us and the feeling was mutual. We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and our dear cabin steward did this for us! The entertainment was outstanding, food delicious, no waiting anywhere. Thanks for your post, it brought back sweet memories!

9CD369E7-1EB3-465D-B4AA-884468C90D1E.jpeg

• Like 5

I was also on this cruise. I wrote this in the roll call, but I figured I'd bring it here as well. I don't want to hijack the OPs thread, but if you have any questions I could try to answer.

This was an amazing cruise, the staff was incredible (as always, but there was something magical this time around), and I walked off the ship with new friendships (shoutout to Rose, my adopted grandmother, who I vow not to reveal her age, who told me to come to the solo meet and greet...and if your "grandmother" tells you to do something, you do it - and boy oh boy am I glad I did...if only my name were Jack. My heart will always go on with you, Rose ❤️ )

Well, it's taken me (still taking me) a few days to come back down from the high that I've felt from last week, and the emotional rollercoaster that occurs when you return from vacation... however, for me, this was more than a vacation. It was a life altering experience that I oh so much needed. "I took my soul down to the water, and I came back a different man."

It was my first solo cruise, and I feel as though I walked on the ship knowing nobody, and walked off the ship with 2,000 friends. 

I had the time of my life, and I met so many amazing people throughout the entire week. Words cannot express how thankful I am. 

"There are good ships, and wood ships, ships that sail the seas...but the best ships are friendships, and may they always be" 

I miss everyone so much already! Now to think about booking the next one...

Edited by JC5240
I used "as well" too many times LOL
  • Like 8

For anyone who's been on recently, how was the wifi?  I unfortunately need to be able to do some work onboard.  Mostly working on documents, emailing, and maybe an occasional zoom or teams call.  I did already pay to upgrade to the unlimited internet with streaming.  Thanks!