Dates for OBC vs refund - Cruising 12-12-21

A few weeks ago I called about a price drop. The rep really messed up our reservations. Resolutions finally got it all straightened out so I'm reluctant to try again. Looks like the price has dropped again about $55 pp. I called and after about 2 hours on hold got a rep and after looking said that we would be refunded $151 to our credit card. First thing that made me leery was the amount difference. I know they see things differently on their end but he couldn't explain the numbers to me that made any sense. PLUS....this is the same way our mess started previously.  Second..was that the amount was to be refunded and not as OBC. Another thing that messed up previouly. From the previously problem and everything I've read, the price drop this close to cruise date would be OBC. I was afraid this would be a big mess again so had him leave everything as is. So.............I'm coming to the experts. Shouldn't it be OBC this close in? Before I call back and speak with a different rep I want to make sure I know what the policy is. 

19 minutes ago, packedandready said:

A few weeks ago I called about a price drop. The rep really messed up our reservations. Resolutions finally got it all straightened out so I'm reluctant to try again. Looks like the price has dropped again about $55 pp. I called and after about 2 hours on hold got a rep and after looking said that we would be refunded $151 to our credit card. First thing that made me leery was the amount difference. I know they see things differently on their end but he couldn't explain the numbers to me that made any sense. PLUS....this is the same way our mess started previously.  Second..was that the amount was to be refunded and not as OBC. Another thing that messed up previouly. From the previously problem and everything I've read, the price drop this close to cruise date would be OBC. I was afraid this would be a big mess again so had him leave everything as is. So.............I'm coming to the experts. Shouldn't it be OBC this close in? Before I call back and speak with a different rep I want to make sure I know what the policy is. 

Yes, this close, a shipboard credit.

7 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Yes, this close, a shipboard credit.

For my Nov 15th Odyssey (fully paid) sailing, I had price drops on Oct 29th and Nov 9th. Was expecting OBCs, but RC credited my BoA Visa. Never found out why, but the charge credit covered my onboard expenses as I just use this Visa for RC expenses.

• Like 1

I am with you, twice I have repriced my cruise. The amount they owe me minus taxes gets put on my cruise planner as an amount I owe them. Instead of a credit to my credit card.

My trip is paid in full and I have 4 invoices so far showing it’s paid in full.

DD told me no more repricing unless it’s like a 200 credit or more.

I was told any credits due to me before final billing will be a credit to my credit card.

OBC will be issued after the final due date.