Saint Greg's Vista - Live - December 4-11 2021

Saint Greg

Bon voyage! Too bad the virtual room key didn’t work-one of best things going when it works.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:50 PM, Saint Greg said:

I like Steak ‘n Shake. Haven’t tried one of their melts. I usually get a steak burger or shake..or both. I’ll have to try the frisco melt sometime.

Ask for extra frisco sauce right away. Our area finally getting a whataburger soon.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:59 PM, Shaded Lady said:

@Saint Greg Our community has an angel tree for the Boys & Girls Club local chapter... the gifts they wanted were mostly a bit too rich for my blood- 10 speed bike and helmet? Electric scooter? Some kind of expensive running shoe? Rather than just walk by them, my BFF & I went together and split the cost for one of the kids wanting a bike and all the accessories, and another kid whose requests were a lot simpler... the organizer is collecting money to try & get the bikes for all the other kids, then people can take the angel card and take care of the rest (helmet etc)...

What you are doing is just plainly an extreme act of kindness... I know you're probably all 'aw shucks' about it, 'cause I don't sense that you shared it for the glory, you shared the story just because that's who you are... and thank you!

One local SERTOMA club does a “Christmas to Remember” -dinner at $75/plate to attend (we are up to five clubs now with around 20-25 kids per club)- the most needy kids from each club come to dinner (each table has 6 adults and 3-4 kids) and the kids get a visit from Santa after dinner-each kids usually gets 2-4 gifts. My first year attending one little boy got his items including some video game-but his treasured gift was a basketball-one he didn’t have to share with siblings. He was so darn excited over the basketball. My Sertoma club does a teen Christmas party for older teens in B&GC as the teens are often left out on the angel trees. They also get to choose gifts from a table full of stuff-couple yrs ago a boy picked out basketball shoes that clearly weren’t his size. Turns out he picked them for his brother. Please know how much these gifts really mean to the kids. Thank you to all who contribute in any way!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2