Saint Greg's Vista - Live - December 4-11 2021

Saint Greg

7 hours ago, rwest898 said:

If you had a choice of connecting flights would you choose Austin or Houston  Hobby Airport.  The layover is close to 3 hours for both.  

Which airline are you flying? If it’s frontier or allegiant that’s the south terminal in Austin and there’s nothing there. Major airlines are in the barbara Jordan terminal. I’d go there and have a huts hamburger and some local beers. I’ve never flown out of hobby. It’s the smaller of the two Houston airports but I think it’s a little bigger than AUS.

Edited by Saint Greg

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Which airline are you flying? If it’s frontier or allegiant that’s the south terminal in Austin and there’s nothing there. Major airlines are in the barbara Jordan terminal. I’d go there and have a huts hamburger and some local beers. I’ve never flown out of hobby. It’s the smaller of the two Houston airports but I think it’s a little bigger than AUS.

Southwest to Miami 

Austin is one of my favorite airports to fly out of- small enough to be convenient, large enough to have the amenities I want. As Greg said earlier, lots of really cool places to sit, have a beverage, eat some local food (TexMex, BBQ) and people-watch... they mean it when they say 'Keep Austin Weird'!

Full disclosure, I've also never flown out of Hobby so it's a one-sided comparison!

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 10:51 AM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

What was the green frozen drink?

I am kicking myself for not getting a Caribbean colada when we were on the Dream in September. I usually get one drink each cruise and that's the one I choose. It's my favorite, and somehow I never got around to it. I still am not sure how that happened. 😂

Not 120 like the rest of us??? 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

If you mean on the menu they’re called chicken rolls. If you mean the pictures they’re here.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2815917-saint-gregs-vista-live-december-4-11-2021/page/63/#comment-62274386

Oh!! I thought the chicken rolls were the two breaded looking things on the black plate. My bad! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToddlerMom2016 said:

Oh!! I thought the chicken rolls were the two breaded looking things on the black plate. My bad! 

Oh these things? These are compliments of the chef. They're like cheese sticks...but cubes..and I think they have some potato in them as well. They're good though.

7BDD26FA-26EB-4EC9-84DE-17BE510F4B57.thu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/27/2021 at 8:57 PM, Saint Greg said:

A little backstory here. I have an old friend who has wanted to cruise since the first time I went on Vista and sent him the pictures. Ever since then he always asks for pictures from my cruises. He doesn’t know about Saint Greg.  

In May when I flew to Cozumel he bought a ticket on my plane and a room in my hotel. It was very difficult being there with someone who wanted me to do everything on their schedule.

When I talk about how busy Galveston is I frequently mention the Texans who never leave Texas. Heck I know people who haven’t left the metroplex in their lives. Anyway…he’s one of the Texas Texans. He isn’t cruising unless it’s out of Galveston. He was booked on my Vista cruise last December that was canceled. Around August he booked an interior guarantee on this cruise. A couple weeks later he sent me a message that his grandmother broke her hip and he had to take care of her so he canceled the cruise. 

A few weeks ago he called me and said he needed a break from grandma. His dad and brother need to help out. I told him it’s too bad he jumped the gun on canceling that cruise. He started talking about re-booking. Carnival put one of those sweetheart deals on his account.
He could book a room by mine for $360 after taxes and port fees.

Two weeks ago he called me and told me he was having a problem with his dad and we’d have to see about is rebooking. I haven’t heard from him since and I’m not going to contact him..at least not until after I’m on the ship. I don’t want to encourage him to book because I know how he’s going to be if he does. 

So there’s still that possibility he could book this week and show up on the cruise but I’m starting to feel like that’s not going to happen which is good with me.

I get it! I have a cousin who every time I use to post on FB about a cruise she would start making plans to come. Now, I don't post about it until like the day before because I know she wont book a cruise and flight within one day.

• Like 1