Canadians ordering PCR day 2 test for Uk

dog

Anyone have experience ordering a day 2 test from the UK to have it delivered to your London UK hotel?

How did it work out? what company did you order from? Price? Did you mail in results or drop off at a clinic?

My mother-in-law just got back from Scotland.  She’s elderly, so we did all the form-filling-out and ordering for her.

I think you have to order your test from one of their official suppliers, which seemed to be Public Health, you can’t just order from wherever.  Or at least that was the case for Scotland.  The test arrived at her hotel in the afternoon post on checkin day, and she sent it back by return post, I believe.  Test was 67 pounds, or something in that vicinity.

Suppliers are all listed here:

https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider

Her bigger problem was finding somewhere to get the PCR test for her return, as she was in a small town with no testing sites.  She ended up having to go back to the Glasgow airport (40 min taxi each way) to get it.  But if you’re in London there should be lots of places to choose from.

Also, don’t forget to fill in the UK arrival documents online before you go, as well as meet any requirements for whatever country you’re transiting through if it’s not a direct flight.

• Thanks 1

For the Locator form I will fill out pre flight to UK—-

If the PCR test is sent to my London hotel for my arrival Day 0 , Can I wait to take test at my Salisbury hotel Day 2 and mail it in from there? 

I’m pretty sure you can book to have test done at airport when you arrive . I’ve seen it mentioned in Heathrow airport news letter and I believe Gatwick also has similar service . The day2 test actually means ‘get test within’ 2 days , you don’t have to wait till day2.

• Thanks 1