NCL land tours from Panama City

caneable

Really couldn’t decide whether to post this on Ports of Call or Cruise line pages but it’s here now.

Our booked Panama Canal transit cruise for Oct/Nov 22 has a day stopping at Panama City. (Is that more likely to be Fuerte Amadour? There’s an extensive list of excursion offers detailed on our cruise summary for various ports between Seattle and Miami, but none for Panama City as yet. Is this likely to remain the case or will it change? Has anybody done land tours with NCL from Panama? Personally I’m finding that with the shore excursion discounts through NCL Free At Sea ( or whatever they’ve rebranded it as!) ship excursions seem to be quite competitively priced with private tours.I also understand that there seem to be many reasons to stay away from private local tours, but has anyone done an interesting excursion that they could recommend.

Any help appreciated.

42 minutes ago, caneable said:

stopping at Panama City. (Is that more likely to be Fuerte Amadour?

Yes, that will be Ft. Amador at the new cruise terminal which recently had the first ship to call there.  I would think that shore excursions will eventually show up for the Panama stop, just probably have not firmed them up as yet.  Unless you have the name and number of a highly recommended guide in hand, I think you are better off sticking with the ship. 

Depending on what your interests are, in Panama one of the main attractions is of course the Canal.  There are a couple of different excursions that take in various aspects of the Canal from a shore side perspective.  Beyond that there are tours to see how the Embera Indians live as well as more historical tours to the old city, Casco Antiguo for example.  

• Like 1