PP+ Wine Limitations

exgman

I was under the impression that wine and champagne in the PP+ program are available any time of the day and no limitation on how many bottles could be ordered. Is this the policy or is there a one bottle limitation?

https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package-full

more specifically on this:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package-2021v2.pdf  (It states "dinner" on this document.  And of course, terms and conditions are subject to change!)

Edited by ggTexasGal
added link

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package-2021v2.pdf  (It states "dinner" on this document.  And of course, terms and conditions are subject to change!)

Thank you for posting these links.  Yes, terms sometimes change.  I notice that they now specify "fountain soda" instead of just "soda."  When I get a soft drink on board, I usually ask for root beer, which NCL does not have on fountain but rather in cans.  I wasn't aware of the rules change when we were on our last cruise, and wondered why one of the bartenders said he would have to charge me for a root beer.  I went to another bar instead and got it without charge.  I guess that now I can expect all of the bartenders will be swiping my card for a surcharge on cans of soda.

I also looked for the reference to the "dinner" restriction on your second link.  I couldn't find it.  Is there a chance that the T&C have been changed since you posted this?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

Are they still letting you order a bottle of wine with dinner? I wanted to send the left over back to my room to enjoy later. I hope this policy did not change. 

Towards the bottom of the PPBP link above

*These wines are also available by the bottle with dinner

@The Traveling Man The above is most recent shown on NCL.

I'm just posting what I have found on NCL, since we haven't been on a ship for almost two years.  I have a feeling that things are changing and likely to continue to change.

Edited by ggTexasGal
added info

2 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Thanks for the link. I had read that several times, but the “dinner” part didn’t sink in. I’m pretty sure I read on this board about people having champagne with breakfast and then wine with dinner. I assumed it was by the bottle, but maybe it was by the glass. It’s not a big deal, I just like to know how things work. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Summerstravel said:

Are they still letting you order a bottle of wine with dinner? I wanted to send the left over back to my room to enjoy later. I hope this policy did not change. 

I've read on here that they will cork it and you can take it with you or they will cork it and keep it for you.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, exgman said:

Thanks for the link. I had read that several times, but the “dinner” part didn’t sink in. I’m pretty sure I read on this board about people having champagne with breakfast and then wine with dinner. I assumed it was by the bottle, but maybe it was by the glass. It’s not a big deal, I just like to know how things work. 

I swear I think we read the same series of posts. Could swear a guy mentioned getting a bottle of champagne with breakfast as well as fresh juice for mimosas at the table, and wine with lunch.

Sometimes I feel like I read things then wind up in some alternate universe where it never happened lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juncti said:

I swear I think we read the same series of posts. Could swear a guy mentioned getting a bottle of champagne with breakfast as well as fresh juice for mimosas at the table, and wine with lunch.

Sometimes I feel like I read things then wind up in some alternate universe where it never happened lol

I don't remember if it was Emerson or Thoreau who said "Every scholar has had the experience of having read something in a particular book, but when he went back to read it anew, it is not to be found.  Sure he is that he read it there, but he is unable to find it again, nor can anyone else remember ever having seen it there."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

I don't remember if it was Emerson or Thoreau who said "Every scholar has had the experience of having read something in a particular book, but when he went back to read it anew, it is not to be found.  Sure he is that he read it there, but he is unable to find it again, nor can anyone else remember ever having seen it there."

Story of my life lately lol Doesn't help that we got walloped by a cat 4 (I think 5 having lived it) hurricane that destroyed my house. Been in a limbo of insurance battles and contractors for months on end. 

I definitely need this trip lol

I'm thinking we're going to get the plus upgrade and see what happens, worst case my wife will drink enough of the champagne to get the money out of it. I'm sure I'll find something. Just wish they had a super premium canadian whiskey. Then I'd be really set.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, exgman said:

It might have been a post about the Haven. Some have reported that Haven guests with the Premium Plus package have gotten bottles at lunch (or breakfast I guess.)  But I think that’s more of a courtesy…the package itself stipulates one bottle (per person) with dinner.  you can take the unfinished bottle with you (or have them hold it for you).  If there are two of you, you can also ask for your second bottle to go.  

I’ll be having Veuve with breakfast…if they insist on bringing it glass by glass it’s just more work for them! 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ElizaSTN said:

I’ll be having Veuve with breakfast…if they insist on bringing it glass by glass it’s just more work for them! 

If you are a party of two and both order champagne, they will very likely just bring you the bottle but as you said, just order it glass by glass. I tend to find service for alcoholic beverages to be rather slow in the dining room so always stop at the bar before entering. 

16 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

I don't like the really dry wines. I know nothing about wines lol but wanted to try some on vacation. 

Take the cruise as an opportunity to try different wines since they are included in your package. Most bartenders will also pour you a sample before pouring the full glass. 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 12:18 PM, KAYKAY121 said:

They have taken Ciroc off since I purchased the package on 10/25. URGH!

I’m currently on the Bliss and the Haven bar has Ciroc and Ultimat vodka just like pre-covid. Also, they have The Botanist and Ableforth's Bathtub Gin.

Sorry, not sure about the other bars.

• Like 1

Here is the flyer for the Premium Plus package that was in my suite:

IMG_0733.pdf

edit: It’s the same as Socalev posted. At the bar in the Haven they use Fever Tree tonic water. I haven’t seen Wyland Rum, but they have Flor de Cana 7 rum along with Zacapa 23.

Edited by aero777
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, aero777 said:

IMG_0733.pdf 645.88 kB · 4 downloads

edit: It’s the same as Socalev posted. At the bar in the Haven they use Fever Tree tonic water. I haven’t seen Wyland Rum, but they have Flor de Cana 7 rum along with Zacapa 23.

Ooh, Flor de Cana. Just wish they had Coke since rum and Pepsi just doesn't taste right.

Have you discovered any cool Premium plus drinks that aren't on the menu but the bartender mixes up using what he has there in the Haven? We're going next week first time in Haven and went all in with the plus upgrade as well.

5 hours ago, aero777 said:

IMG_0733.pdf 645.88 kB · 19 downloads

That is the list I emailed myself and saved but the list onNCL now is different 

15 hours ago, KAYKAY121 said:

That is the list I emailed myself and saved but the list onNCL now is different 

The list seems accurate at the bar in the Haven. Just eyeballing other bars I’m not seeing the same availability, but maybe if you ask they might have it stashed somewhere or they will get for you. 

• Like 1