Carnival Horizon Spa reductions?

FlyingAnchor

Hello, all! 

Our next sailing is on Carnival Horizon. If anyone has sailed within the last month or so, are there currently any reductions in spa services or availability to use the spa due to Covid? Asking for a friend who is joining us on the sailing! Appreciate any insight. I know we have a few months until our sailing date, but our friend is curious what is currently happening onboard. 

Thanks as always! 

40 minutes ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Hello, all! 

Our next sailing is on Carnival Horizon. If anyone has sailed within the last month or so, are there currently any reductions in spa services or availability to use the spa due to Covid? Asking for a friend who is joining us on the sailing! Appreciate any insight. I know we have a few months until our sailing date, but our friend is curious what is currently happening onboard. 

Thanks as always! 

We had a spa room on the 11/13/21 sailing, so we had unlimited use of the Cloud 9 area. I didn't use any other spa services but it seemed back to normal. We were a little disappointed in the Cloud 9 area on Horizon (comparing it to other ships we have sailed- we always get the pass if the ship has Cloud 9 area). There was no thalassotherapy pool, only a 4 person whirlpool. And, in the same room with the whirlpool are the heated loungers and the aromatherapy steam rooms, rain showers, and dry sauna are all part of that one large room. Very little privacy compared to some other ships. However, I used it every day for at least 2 hours and would get the pass again!

• Like 1

We were just on the Horizon last week.  As we had cabins on the Lido deck we had to pass the vultures, LOL - I mean spa ladies every time we went to our cabin as they were always just inside the entrance off the open deck trying to sell services.  They were offering big discounts when my husband stopped to ask a question.  Sea day massages are listed at $149, but they offered him one for $99.  There seemed to always be 3 or 4 ladies standing around trying to drum up business which tells me they weren't being kept busy enough.