Premium suite on Majestic

JoRoy218

Morning! We’re looking at booking a Premium suite on the Majestic. Anyone experience staying in one? Looks like the balcony space is long and narrow. I’m guessing it’s rather small like the other royal class ships. We enjoy balcony time and are curious how others feel about that particular suite and balcony. Thanks all! 

I took a quick look at the Princess website and checked out the Majestic deck plans. You will be easily to distinguish the more narrow balconies from the deeper ones.

For example, look at the Dolphin deck towards the aft area. D630 and D702 are a direct comparison. Then you will know what you would be booking. Personally, we feel the narrow balconies are quite tight.

Ask yourself why you want a Premium Suite and which cabins are most to your liking. For example, Premium balconies have a loveseat.

I would only get a Penthouse Suite (S3) on that ship. We board next week and the only balconies we could enjoy was aft. Here is an attachment for the premium suite. Not much balcony.

Here is the layout for a penthouse suite. When checking, you'll find the balconies vary in size. We had the Dolphin deck booked but got moved because of isolation needs. We ended up on the Baja deck which is not as big but has plenty of space. This looks like the Caribe deck, which is the smallest balcony in that category.

Edited by LarryL

We have stayed in all the suite categories on the Royal class ships except for the Window suite and Premium suite is our favorite.  Yes the balcony on the side is long and narrow.  The same width as the normal Penthouse suites.  We love having the large front facing window along with the side balcony and the very large bedroom.  Aft penthouse suites would be our choice because of the large balcony if they could ever solve the ash issue.

12 minutes ago, LarryL said:

I would only get a Penthouse Suite (S3) on that ship. We board next week and the only balconies we could enjoy was aft. Here is an attachment for the premium suite. Not much balcony.

Here is the layout for a penthouse suite. When checking, you'll find the balconies vary in size. We had the Dolphin deck booked but got moved because of isolation needs. We ended up on the Baja deck which is not as big but has plenty of space. This looks like the Caribe deck, which is the smallest balcony in that category.

Agree with @LarryL1 on this. Narrow balconies are not to my liking. A Premium Balcony would work if it has the bigger balcony too. I highly doubt we will ever experience a Penthouse Suite.

2 minutes ago, franktown said:

We have stayed in all the suite categories on the Royal class ships except for the Window suite and Premium suite is our favorite.  Yes the balcony on the side is long and narrow.  The same width as the normal Penthouse suites.  We love having the large front facing window along with the side balcony and the very large bedroom.  Aft penthouse suites would be our choice because of the large balcony if they could ever solve the ash issue.

We have never had an issue with ashes in our aft balconies... But do not tell anyone.

10 hours ago, nini said:

I took a quick look at the Princess website and checked out the Majestic deck plans. You will be easily to distinguish the more narrow balconies from the deeper ones.

For example, look at the Dolphin deck towards the aft area. D630 and D702 are a direct comparison. Then you will know what you would be booking. Personally, we feel the narrow balconies are quite tight.

Ask yourself why you want a Premium Suite and which cabins are most to your liking. For example, Premium balconies have a loveseat.

Thanks for all your input. Reason for Premium suite interest, that’s the only type suite left on the two cruises we’re considering. 
We would definitely prefer an aft suite for the deeper balcony. I watched a video tour of a Premium suite and saw the balcony space. Tiny! We’ve enjoyed an aft balcony cabin on the Crown. Have also had a balcony cabin on the Regal twice,  minuscule. I suspected Premium suites available were the least desirable as they were the only type left.

We’ll see. Thanks again all!