Should I change this flight? Arr Ft Lauderdale 7:00am, flight dep 11:20, Canadian COVID testing TBD

Raisinette

Hello,

I realize COVID requirements may change before April/22, however this is my situation. My flights are booked through EZ Air.

We'll dock in Fort Lauderdale at 7:00am and I have an 11:20 flight back to Canada. I'll need a negative COVID test in order to board the flight.  Assuming nothing changes between now and April (!), do I have sufficient time to do the PCR test at the port when I disembark and make my flight?

thanks!

Becky

We walked off at 7:30, the "Canadian" departure time was 8:00.  We wanted to be at the head of the line for PCR testing.  We were about 10th in line but it didn't matter, as they tested all in the line before entering and emailing any of the results.  We waited at the port and received our results printed and emailed at the same time, 9:30.  So, you could have headed to the airport but you can't check in until you have those results, so 9:30 would have been the earliest.  For us, our flight was at 2:00pm, so we stayed to make sure we received the results.  Your flight is doable, if all goes well.

We also did self walk off and we’re at the front of the line for testing.  We went straight to the airport and had to wait for the result to come in before we could check in.  It took 2 hrs!  Based on my experience and the troubles that others have posted with the testing, I would not chance an 11am flight if the 1pm is available.  Better to air on the side of caution!  Hopefully they will be more organized & efficient by then, but right now the testing setup is quite a mess!